Did your Android phone fall in the water and doesn’t work like it used to? I think this is common for many Android phone users, and it really sucks. Some smartphones are not designed to work when dropped in water. In this situation, the question often arises in our minds: Can you recover data from an android phone with water damage?
Don’t worry, whatever problem your Android phone has, it can be easily fixed. In this post, I will show you some effective ways to recover data from an Android phone with water damage.
How do I know if my phone is really damaged by water?
Now, before you go straight to the recovery methods, you need to check if your phone has really suffered water damage. This will help you take the necessary steps in the future to recover your phone’s files when it falls into the water.
However, below are some signs that will let you know if your Android phone has suffered water damage.
- If you are using a Samsung phone, you may see a white sticker with a red cross on the battery. If the phone is damaged by water, the color of the sticker will change to purple. This way, Galaxy phone users can check that the sticker on the battery is not damaged.
- Smartphone users can also check other indicators added by manufacturers, such as. B. LDI (Liquid Data Indicator). This will immediately indicate whether the phone is damaged by water.
Now that you know the signs of water damage on your phone, it’s time to look at how to recover files like contacts, photos, messages, videos, etc. from a water-damaged phone.
Method 1: How to recover data from an Android phone with water damage
When a phone falls into the water, users just want to know how to recover the files on the phone. In this situation, I recommend you to choose Android data recovery software. This water damage restoration agent is also popular among experts because it has the highest recovery rate. This will help you to recover files from damaged Android phone without backup. Data that has been erased or lost from your phone can be easily recovered: Contacts, photos, videos, documents, notes, WhatsApp messages, audio files, text messages, call logs, etc.
It supports all Android phones like Samsung, Motorola, LG, Sony, Huawei, Nokia, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, Realme, Google, HTC and some others. So just download Android Data Recovery software and recover data from water damaged Android phone which will not turn on.
See the User’s Guide section for more information on using the program.
Android Data Recovery – Recover lost/deleted data from Android phones
The best and effective tool to recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from Android phones/tablets/SD cards. Unique features are
- Instantly retrieve many types of data such as photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, etc.
- Recover lost data in any critical situation, such as, for example, in case of screen breakage, accidental and unintentional reset to factory settings, formatting, virus attack or other reasons.
- Allows one-click recovery of deleted files without backup.
Method 2: Restore water-damaged files from Google Drive
Have you been using Google Drive to store all your data as a backup? Android phone users tend to store their important data on Google Drive as it is secure and accessible at any time. So if your phone has suffered water damage and you don’t know how to recover the files, you can opt for Google Drive.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First, open drive.google.com on your computer or other phone.
- Then log in with the same username and password and click on My Drive.
- Here you will see all the files that have been manually saved or added.
- Select the data you want to recover and click the Download option.
Method 3: How to recover data from a water-damaged Samsung phone
This problem is also experienced by many users of Samsung phones and they want a solution. So for Samsung phone users, I suggest using the Find My Mobile feature to search for missing files. However, if your phone falls into the water, the data stored on it is usually not damaged and you can easily recover photos from a Samsung phone with water damage.
However, please note that this method will only help you if you are already registered. If this is the case, follow the steps below to recover the files without any problems:
- First open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung account details.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you have several options. Find and tap Unlock my screen, then tap Unlock to confirm.
- Once the phone is unlocked, connect it to the PC via a USB cable. Open File Explorer here, and then navigate to This PC. You will see the internal memory and the external drive. Open the folder and select all the files you want to restore and paste them as backup on your computer.
Tips to remember What should I do if my phone drips?
If your phone accidentally falls into the water, you should take some preventive measures to reduce the data loss situation.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Immediately remove the phone from the water and try to remove the battery, SIM card and external SD card to avoid damage. Do not reset the unit after removing it from the water.
- Wrap the phone in a cloth and put it in a jar or even put it in a bag of rice to let it dry. Do not expose your phone to direct sunlight.
- Normal alcohol can be used to clean the device.
- Also, do not shake the phone to dry up the water.
Can I recover data from a phone damaged by water?
Yes, it is possible to recover data from an Android phone with water damage. The internal data stored in memory is not permanently deleted and can be recalled later by calling up these files. You can use a backup to recover missing data or use a professional tool like Android Data Recovery.
How do I repair an Android phone with water damage?
There are several ways to repair Android phones with water damage. Here are a few of them:
- Remove the phone from the water immediately, and if it is off, leave it that way.
- Remove the protective cover, battery, SIM card and external memory.
- Wrap the unit in a clean cloth and place it in the container.
- You can also place the wet phone in a bowl of rice to let it dry completely.
Does it really work to put the phone in rice?
Yes, if you put your phone in a pot of rice, it will dry out completely within a few days. This method works best if you put your phone in a sealed plastic bag with rice. But sometimes the phone does not work properly after the rice has removed the moisture from the phone. It is best to use pure alcohol to absorb the water from the phone.
The Android phone usually suffers from a number of problems or bugs and as a result, it has been in a bit of a slump. The most important thing is the data that is on the phone mats. However, if your phone has fallen into the water and you want to recover the data, this blog is for you. I have mentioned here several ways to recover data from an Android phone with water damage. Browse through it and recover the missing files from your phone without any problems.
You can connect with us through our social pages like Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louie is a professional blogger and SEO expert. He enjoys writing blogs and articles about Android and iOS phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS data recovery and is always looking forward to troubleshooting Android and iOS devices.
frequently asked questions
Can I recover data from a phone damaged by water?
We can recover data from any type of phone with liquid/water damage, including Apple iOS, Huawei, Samsung, HTC, Google, Sony, Nokia and other Android models.
How can I save and repair my phone after water damage?
Is it possible to recover data from a dead Android phone?
The best way to protect the data on your Android phone is to back it up. Then, if your phone stops working, you can restore important data from a previous backup. However, if there is no backup file, you can still recover data from a dead phone with MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android.
Feedback,water damaged phone data recovery,android data recovery,broken android data extraction,water damage data recovery,how to recover data from water damaged phone that won’t turn on,how to recover (internal data from) completely dead/powerless phone,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to fix a water damaged phone that won’t turn on,how to recover data from water damaged iphone that won’t turn on