[8 Fixes] “Unfortunately, Messenger Has Stopped” On Android
Many Facebook users report a bug that Messenger unfortunately no longer has. This error usually occurs when you are using other applications and a message suddenly appears on your phone screen.
This is a very frustrating message, so it is very important to fix this error as soon as possible. So, in this tutorial, I have shared 8 best ways to recover, unfortunately, the stopped messenger easily.
But first, let’s look at the most common factors that can cause this error message.
What caused the error Unfortunately, the messenger has stopped on Android?
There are many scenarios that can cause Facebook Messenger to stop working on Android, unfortunately. I have listed below some of the main reasons that can cause this error:
- Because you are using an old version of the Messenger application.
- If the email application is full.
- Your Android software is outdated, especially if your phone is more than 5 years old.
That’s it! You may be wondering how I can fix this, unfortunately Messenger has been discontinued. If so, read the next part of this blog.
How can I unfortunately repair Facebook Messenger stopped Android?
Check the following methods and get rid of the Messenger stopped error:
Corrigendum #1: Forced shutdown of theapplication for your email
When this error occurs, the first thing you can try is to forcefully close the Facebook Messenger application. To do this, go to Settings >> Installed Applications. Then you need to press the Messenger option. Then scroll through the list and press the Forced Off option.
Now close the settings and open your Facebook Messenger application and check if the problem is solved. If not, try the following solutions.
Corrigendum 2: Reboot your Android phone
Sometimes rebooting the device can solve many problems. Try it out by following the steps below:
- First, unlock the phone screen.
- Press and hold the power button until the menu appears.
- Select the Disable option.
- Wait until the device is completely turned off.
Step 5: After 10 seconds, press and hold the power button again to turn on the power and check if the problem is resolved.
Corrigendum 3: Delete the cache and data from the messenger application
Another option you can try to solve, unfortunately, Facebook Messenger stopped Android problem is a clean cache.
In most cases, deleting unnecessary files (cache data) on the phone will fix many bugs and defects. Follow these instructions to clear the cache on your Android device:
- First, start Settings >> Navigate to Installed Apps.
- The second step is to search for the Messenger application in the list of all displayed application tabs.
- Tap the Messenger application >> and select the Clear Cache and Data option.
- Go back to the home screen >> Restart the phone.
Corrigendum No 4: Messenger application update
Check the latest Messenger update to fix the application and resolve the issue. Since the older versions of the apps can even cause various errors, here’s how to update the Facebook Messenger app to fix these errors.
- Launch the Google Play Store application on Android.
- Then look for the messenger.
- At this point, you should check the latest version of the Messenger app in the Play Store.
- Click on the update option and get the latest version.
Corrigendum 5: Use safe mode
Safe mode can help you determine if a third-party application is causing the problem. Although all third-party applications are disabled in this mode, it allows you to easily see if there is a problem with another application or not.
- First, press and hold the power button.
- Here you have different power options on your phone screen.
- Press and hold the permanently disabled option
- Wait for a few seconds and a pop-up window will appear asking you to restart your Android in safe mode.
- Click on OK.
After these steps, your phone will open in safe mode. Now we need to check if the problem is solved or not.
Corrigendum 6: Removing and reinstalling your messenger application
To fix unfortunately Facebook Messenger stopped Android, you can also try this solution. Yes, uninstalling and reinstalling the application can help you solve these unexpected problems. But it will delete all the important files like photos, videos, GIFs and many more. So don’t forget to back up important data from Messenger.
Follow these simple steps to uninstall the Messenger application.
- Open the settings >> click on Install applications.
- In the Applications tab, locate the Messenger application.
- Now click on the Messenger application >> click on Delete.
- After uninstalling, go back to the Google Play Store and search for Messenger > click on the Install option.
Corrigendum No 7: Performing a factory reset
After trying the above six tactics, if you are still unable to solve, unfortunately, Facebook Messenger has stopped the problem, then you can try another way. Yes, you can reset your phone to factory settings to fix this error. Here are the simple steps you can try to perform a factory reset on your device:
- First, go to Settings >>, scroll down and tap Backup and Reset.
- Make sure the Backup my data option is enabled. However, if this is not enabled, check the box next to the option.
- Then scroll down and press Factory Reset.
- Then confirm your choice by selecting the Phone reset option.
- Pressing the Delete All button will reset the settings to their factory defaults.
- Restart the unit after performing this procedure.
Message: The factory reset can erase all your personal data, so back up your data before trying this method.
Corrigendum 8: A temporary way to fix a message that does not work on Android
Apart from the above solutions, if you are still looking for a quick and advanced solution, then Android Recovery will be the best solution for you. It is a professional repair tool that can solve the problem of stopped messaging on Android phones without any problem. It is easy to use and requires no technical knowledge. The software is designed to solve any problem on Android. This includes the shutdown of Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
So, you just need to download android repair software and get rid of messenger not working on android phones without any problem.
(*The free version allows you to view only the repair files).
It is now time to draw a conclusion…..
I hope that by reading this post, you were able to learn how I can fix, unfortunately, the Messenger error stopped.
However, the above solutions are very effective and will definitely help you solve the problem, unfortunately Messenger has ended the problem. So try these methods once and for all and get rid of this annoying bug. Good luck! !!
You can connect with us through our social pages like Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louie is a professional blogger and SEO expert. He enjoys writing blogs and articles about Android and iOS phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS data recovery and is always looking forward to troubleshooting Android and iOS devices.
frequently asked questions
Unfortunately, how can I recover that Messenger has stopped?
Why does it say that the courier has unfortunately stopped?
The reasons why this happened Unfortunately, the messenger stopped the message. … The first and foremost reason is that your email can store a lot of messages, videos, photos and other junk. Another reason is that unnecessary files may be present.
Why does my Android phone say that the notification has unfortunately stopped?
Go to Settings > Applications and select the All applications filter. Scroll down and press Messages. Press the Force Close, Force Stop button and wait for the option to turn grey. Open the email application again and check if the problem occurs again.
Feedback,unfortunately messages has stopped,why has my messenger stopped working,messenger app,huawei messenger problem,messenger not working,what happened to my facebook messenger,Privacy settings,How Search works,unfortunately messenger has stopped facebook,why did my facebook messenger stop working