Best GPS Swimming Watches 2021
There is a common misconception in fitness watches that intelligent watches only record races and workouts. Although this is by far the biggest attraction, it is far from the truth.
Many lines of GPS watches can record many fitness activities, including swimming. Swimming requires excellent water resistance and quality characteristics in order to record swimming results.
What is the best watch for swimming?
Garmin Swim 2 is one of the best waterproof swimming watches. This watch has a robust five-button user interface that allows users to easily start exercises, view different data, log exercises or change settings without having to worry about water disturbances.
This guide gives you a detailed overview of the best swimming watches. Since each watch has different characteristics and levels of accessibility and comfort, the most important characteristics and suitability of each watch are also taken into account.
The best swimming watch will have a range of features that include GPS performance tracking and health monitoring, as well as high water resistance. Anyone can use a simple fitness tracker to record swimming results, but if you are a swimmer, the more detailed and personal your swimming watch is, the better.
Garmin swimming 2
The Garmin Swim 2 takes first place because it accurately records your swimming distance and has a number of other useful functions that are only related to swimming. The Swim 2 is designed to never slow you down in the water thanks to its slim and light design. Thanks to the permanent colour display technology, the device can also be easily read in direct sunlight.
You can also share your training data with your trainers, training partners, friends and family. In addition to the swimming options, the Garmin Swim 2 Smartwatch is equipped with health and fitness monitoring features, making it a good choice for use throughout the day.
Features such as stress monitoring throughout the day and advanced sleep monitoring help swimmers manage their overall health and provide important information that can be used to optimize their workout.
Set training goals, follow the steps, check your body’s battery, perform guided breathing exercises, and use them to follow workouts such as cycling and running or other activities in the water.
- GPS Swimming Smartwatch for swimming pool and open water
- Underwater monitors that measure the pulse rate at the wrist while swimming.
- Pole mode : Records distance, pace, cadence, type of stroke and SWOLF (SWOLF sensors for measuring swimming efficiency).
- When swimming in open water in lakes or rivers, GPS values can sometimes be inaccurate.
- The watch strap is smaller and may be uncomfortable for some swimmers.
Best Garmin Swimming Watches:
It’s hard to beat the Garmin Swim 2 (see on Amazon) for its optimal features and GPS accuracy, but there’s a wide range of GPS watches coming close. Each of the following watches is an excellent fitness monitoring tool, but also has an excellent swimming mode that easily ranks it among the best watches for swimming.
Live Garmin 4
What I like about the Garmin Vivoactive 4 is that although it is smaller, the size and the swimming sport features work perfectly with the small and light design. This watch is a real beast of burden and has enough power for its small design.
In addition, users can now monitor their body temperature with Garmin Vivoactive 4. This can be important depending on the temperature of the water in which the user bathes. In addition, if you swim in open water, in cold or hot weather, this feature can help you determine if you are over- or understaffed in the pool.
- Easily download songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer, and pair them with your headphones for hands-free listening.
- Record every movement with over 20 pre-installed GPS and indoor sports applications such as yoga, running, swimming and more.
- Easy-to-follow animated workouts, right on your TV screen, with cardio, strength training, yoga and Pilates exercises
- The Vivoactive 4 may be too small for some users. If you are looking for a medium to large watch, this Vivoactive series model is not for you.
Predecessor Garmin 745
Some of the best swimming watches can function as waterproof fitness club trackers and great swimming watches. The Garmin Forerunner 745 is also at the top of the list for its incredible multisport features that are protected from water and sweat.
Whether you are training for a swimming marathon, a competition or other, you can create your own personalized exercises or download free exercises that synchronize directly with your watch. Forerunner 745 also supports Garmin Coach’s Adaptive Training Plans, which are a great way to get more advice or motivation for swimming.
You can even view your total training load, which measures your swimming volume over the last 7 days and compares it to the optimal range for your fitness and recent training history. In addition, this Garmin watch has a convenient music memory that can give you extra stimulation when you decide to do other fitness exercises.
The Garmin 745 is one of the best swimming watches in the Garmin Forerunner series.
- GPS Premium Run/Swim Smartwatch with music
- Download songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer.
- Security and tracking features include incident detection for specific activities that send your location to emergency contacts in real time via a compatible smartphone paired with the device.
- Battery life can be quickly exhausted when using multiple functions and music.
- The Bluetooth connection is sometimes unstable.
Garmin Fenix 6 Series
This series of watches does not limit the distance you can swim and includes additional features to monitor performance at high altitudes. The Fenix 6 series is available in 3 different models: Fenix 6 Pro, Fenix 6 Pro Sapphire and Fenix 6X Pro Solar; all 3 models have similar features that differ in terms of aesthetics.
This series is designed to be worn throughout the day, which also makes it an ideal watch for swimmers. In addition, an adjustable energy management mode allows you to see and control how different settings and sensors affect battery life. There’s even a new shipping method that offers a very low-power GPS mode that lasts for weeks.
In fact, this is the best series of Garmin watches for professional swimmers who spend hours in the open air and prefer to swim outdoors.
- Train with a sturdy but sophisticated watch with a 1.3 inch display and a bezel coated in titanium, stainless steel or DLC.
- With the updated activity profiles, you can now capture even more, such as B. special grain and flow measurements during ATVing.
- The solar technology of the Fenix 6 Pro Solar requires a lot of activity exclusively outdoors.
Fitbit Versa 2
The Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch is an optional swimmer’s watch that will always cheer you up. You can use this watch in the pool or outdoors, because it has a modern and versatile design that can withstand any environment. Thanks to the permanent display, your information is on the screen in an instant, wherever you are and whatever your level of education.
The Fitbit Versa 2 is water resistant up to 5 ATM, which is more than enough for swimming pools and medium sized lakes or rivers. Built-in voice control lets you control time, set reminders, give voice and text responses, and much more. You can even monitor the quality of your sleep every night in the Fitbit application by measuring heart rate, sleep time, wake-up time, deep sleep, and REM sleep.
And with a battery life of more than 6 days, you can keep an eye on the morning, the evening and everything in between without having to stop to recharge. The Fitbit Versa 2 is the perfect swimming watch that doesn’t go over budget.
- Use the built-in Amazon Alexa to quickly get news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control smart home appliances, and more with the sound of your voice.
- 24-hour operation from a voltage of 6 days or more (varies with use and other factors).
- Receive notifications for calls, text messages, calendars, and smartphone applications when your phone is nearby.
- Swimming functions are limited at best
- The clock can restart at any time.
The Polar Ignite is a waterproof fitness watch with a heart rate monitor on the wrist and integrated GPS. This next generation training partner will help you unleash your true potential and push your limits. Polar Ignite gives you a complete overview of your day and a guide to a more balanced life. The display resolution is optimal for clear and accurate measurements while swimming.
The Polar Ignite is an excellent partner for running, cycling and other outdoor training. The built-in GPS keeps track of your speed, distance and route. This watch gives you a personal goal for your daily activities, which motivates you to exercise all day long. You will see how active you have been and Polar Flow will give you some practical tips to reach that 100%.
The Polar Ignite is not multifunctional, but it is an excellent waterproof fitness machine based on a clear and transparent screen resolution.
- Train smart and discover a winner with this multi-sport watch. It records all important activity data, including speed, distance and route tracking via integrated GPS and GLONASS.
- It is waterproof up to 50 meters, so you can shower safely or go outside in the rain.
- The swimming details on the watch are decent, but not progressive.
The Coros Apex is another excellent watch for GPS tracking in navigation. A special feature of this watch is the excellent performance of GPS. Using navigation tracking, the user can follow a predetermined route when exercising or swimming in unfamiliar areas, making this watch ideal for swimming without a pool.
This watch is water resistant to a depth of 100 meters, which is ideal if you get out of the pool and want to use the swimming performance measurement in deeper water. If you swim outside, a handy storm alarm based on the barometric measurements of your watch will warn you of sounds and/or vibrations from a possible approaching storm.
Coros Apex is a good choice if tracking performance with GPS is useful for you. The watch is comfortable and elegant and is available in different colors.
- Stainless steel ring with sapphire crystal
- Superior battery life – up to 24 days in normal use, 25 hours in full GPS mode and 80 hours in UltraMax GPS mode.
- Integrated wrist heart rate monitor, barometer, altimeter and compass. Water resistance up to 100 meters/328 feet
- Digital button for easy use, allowing the watch to be fully operated with one finger.
- Advanced GPS and telemetry with GPS, GLONASS or BDS satellites and proprietary algorithms, even in dense forests.
Watch without GPS To consider:
If advanced GPS smartphones aren’t what you’re looking for, there are some great options to keep track of your navigation performance.
Timex Ironman Classic 30
Not everyone is a professional swimmer, so sometimes a simple robust digital watch with a high water resistance is enough.
The Timex Ironman Classic 30 is lightweight and water resistant. You can cross the finish line thanks to a five-button design that gives you instant access to stopwatches, alarms and the INDIGLO night light, which is perfect for night swimming.
This watch is equipped with a comfortable strap and a luminous display. Compared to GPS smartphones, the contrast may be great, but the Timex Ironman Classic 30 meets all the needs of the amateur swimmer.
- The 16 mm adjustable black polymer strap fits wrists up to 8 inches in diameter.
- 100-hour chronograph with 30-lap memory; 24-hour countdown. On-screen instructions make it easy to move forward or backward.
- 3 day, week or weekend alarms; 24-hour military time; 3 time zones; calendar with day, date and month
- 38 mm grey and black resin case with acrylic glass; grey digital display; dial illuminated in indigo blue
- Waterproof to 100 meters (330 feet) : Generally suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not for diving.
- The tape is comfortable but can be very fragile
Swimovate Poolmate is a waterproof fitness device designed directly for swimming. It features the classic lap count function of the PoolMate and a unique user adjustable vibration alarm, so you don’t have to pause to see how you’re doing; just set it to vibrate when you reach a certain number of laps, distance or time window during your workout.
With the watch you can also decide when you want to go to the next level. If you want a more detailed picture of your progress, you can download all your swim data to your PC or Mac for further analysis. The watch also has a long battery life, up to 2 years, and the specially designed back and battery port make it easy to charge the battery at home.
Not bad for a cheap swim tracker.
- Automatic counting of laps, strokes per lap, speed, calories, distance (meters or yards).
- Pool vibration alarm for bends, distance or time (intervals)
- Battery life up to 2 years with a user replaceable battery.
- The watch displays the time (12/24 hours), two time zones, day/date and the daily alarm.
- Mainly designed for swimming alone
CakCityDigital Sport Watch
Sometimes it can be useful when swimming to have an accessible plotter that limits itself to the essentials. The CakCity digital sports watch certainly does. This watch has a sporty dial in a trendy military style.
The watch is cheap and certainly does not have the calibre of many watches on this list, but the high durability and water resistance of this watch is incredible for such a low price. This watch can accurately measure swimming times and has a comfortable but durable strap.
It’s a good choice if you just want to keep track of your swimming results.
- Ideal for swimming in outdoor and indoor pools
- Incredibly strong and durable
- Water resistance up to 50 meters
- Only suitable for time registration
- No special facilities for swimming
Things to consider when purchasing a swimming watch (Buyer’s Guide)
Pay attention to these important details when purchasing a swimming watch:
- Characteristics. Garmin, for example, adapts its watches for beginner, intermediate and advanced swimmers and for many sports, but not all brands have swimming functions. For example, you don’t necessarily need a multisport watch if you’re just looking for opportunities to swim, and vice versa. Pay attention to the level of condition for which the watch is designed. You don’t have to pay for features you don’t need for a while.
- Check the float profile. You can use this guide to make sure you buy a good swimming watch. However, to be sure, you should always make sure that the activity profiles include space to swim before you buy.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best watch for open water swimming?
The Garmin Swim 2 is the best watch for open water swimming. The robust five-button interface makes it easy to start a workout, view different data, keep a drill log or change settings without worrying about water disruptions. What’s more, you can swim without sacrificing important smart features.
What are the best waterproof and inexpensive swimming watches?
The Timex IronMan Essential is very affordable and has many useful features. This swimming watch is water resistant up to 100 m (330 ft) and is suitable for swimming and diving in open water.
How can I measure my heart rate when I swim?
To measure your heart rate while swimming, choose a watch that offers health monitoring features exclusively for swimming. The Garmin HRM-Swim is a compact heart rate monitor with a unique non-slip design that holds it in place during pumping and withstands repeated contact with pool chemicals. It is compact to create minimal water resistance and the durable non-slip strip withstands repeated contact with all swimming conditions, including swimming pools, salt water and fresh water.
This guide has explored some of the best watches for sailing. Each of these smartphones has innovative features that record medical statistics, performance measurements and a host of additional features to better inform your swimming performance.
The Garmin Swim 2 is a unique watch in this guide. It has a powerful battery and a number of advanced features, including an incredibly useful swim mode selection.
best watch for open water swimming,gps tracker for open water swimming,best garmin watch for swimming,garmin swim watch,garmin swim 2 review,best suunto watch for swimming,garmin swim 2,garmin swim 2 watch,swimming watches india,which fitbit is best for swimming,best apple watch for swimming