In this article, we are going to show you the exact steps that you need to follow to completely fix the Dungeon Siege problem in Windows 10 where there is no mouse pointer. So don’t forget to read on.
How to restore Dungeon Siege 2 without a mouse pointer?
1. Using special software
In most cases, mouse malfunction situations have many or more things in common and are caused by faulty or outdated drivers.
Drivers are essential for your PC and all the programs you use every day. If you want to avoid crashes, freezes, errors, hiccups or other problems, you need to keep it up-to-date.
The constant search for driver updates takes time. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that securely checks for new updates and easily applies them. Therefore, we strongly recommend DriverFix.
Follow these simple steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will then show you all the drivers that have problems and you only need to select the one that you want to fix.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer be an issue when you download and start using this powerful software today.
Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
2. Amendment to Resolution
- Find the game in your Steam library and right click on it.
- Then choose Properties.
- Navigate to the local file viewer.
- Open Dungeon Siege Video Conf and set it to the highest resolution.
- Then run Dungeon Siege.exe from that folder.
- Try opening the game again and see if the problem is resolved.
If this solution solves the Dungeon Siege 2 – no mouse on Steam problem, remember that you have to start the game from the installation directory every time.
You can also create a shortcut as an .exe file and place it on the desktop for quick access.
3. Change compatibility mode
- Open the program files and navigate to the Steam folder.
- Then open the Paraapps folder and select Shared folder.
- In the Dungeon Siege 2 folder, locate the file DungeonSiege2.exe.
- Right click on the .exe file and select Properties from the menu.
- Click the Compatibility tab and check the Run this program in compatibility mode box. Choose the correct version of Windows.
You may need to change several settings until you find a compatibility mode that works for you.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
We hope this solution will help you if Dungeon Siege 2 for Steam does not have a mouse in the main menu.
4. Change start-up options
- Open the Steam library.
- Find Dungeon Siege 2, right click on it and select Properties.
- Choose Set Startup Options.
- Now enter the following and save the changes: fullscreen=false field width=1920 height=1080
These steps force the game to run in windowed mode at a specific resolution. Note that you can use any other resolution suitable for your screen.
After making these changes, check that Dungeon Siege 2 still has no mouse on Steam.
5. Try to play the game from GOG
If you’ve tried all the above steps so far and Dungeon Siege 2 still doesn’t have a mouse, we recommend you use a different platform.
Try playing the game from GOG and see if you encounter the same problem or not. The game should play well on GOG, so don’t hesitate to give it a try.
dungeon siege 2 no cursor windows 10,dungeon siege 2 windows 10,dungeon siege 2 fullscreen fix,how to fix dungeon siege 2,dungeon siege gathering exception data,dungeon keeper 2 no mouse,dungeon siege 2 windows 10 black screen,dungeon siege 2 ini