Fix PS4 Error Code CE-33984-7 Cannot Obtain IP Address
- Set the IP address manually
- var monthNames = [January, February, March, April, May, June,
July, August, September, October, November, December
var d = new date() ;
document.write(monthNames[d.getMonth()] + 2020) ;
- Checking the status of the NSP service
- Check the Ethernet connection
- Restore the console as the main console.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Some PS4 users claim to get an error CE-33984-7 when trying to connect to the network. The error code contains the message Unable to obtain an IP address within the specified time.
PS4 CE-33984-7 is a known error in the Internet connection. This usually happens after the IP address has not been obtained. Some of the possible causes of this problem are listed below for consideration.
- Problem with the PSN server
- Router TCP/IP Imbalance
- Console not specified as primary
- The automatic connection configuration assigns incorrect values.
Set the IP address in manual.
CE-33984-7 PS4 An error may occur if your PS4 has a static IP address. You can use the IP address set on your PS4. For this reason, your PS4 could not get an IP address from the modem/router. Switch to automatic or manual mode and then increase the last three digits of the IP address. You can also assign an IP address to the PS4 via the router. For more information, watch this YouTube video here.
- Go to settings.
- Network access.
- Continue to install an Internet connection.
- Select the desired WLAN or LAN cable.
- Choose Custom.
- Select Manual or Automatic as IP address.
- If it is manual, increase the last 3 digits.
- Enter the IP address, subnet and gateway you copied.
- If you do not have a DNS server, use Google Public DNS.
- Primary DNA: 126.96.36.199
- Secondary DNA: 188.8.131.52
- Select automatically for the MTU parameter.
- Select Do not use a proxy server.
- Then check your connection.
We now recommend that you use this tool to correct the error. The tool also corrects common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software you can quickly solve problems on your PC and prevent others from getting into trouble:
- Step 1 : Download the PC Repair and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may cause problems with the PC.
- Step 3 : Click the Restore All button to solve all problems.
Check the status of the PSNfunction.
The PS4 error CE-33984-7 may be caused by a server failure that causes a delay in the PSN connection process. Before troubleshooting, make sure there are no problems with the PSN server.
Check the PSN service status page to see if there are any issues with managing your account or PlayStation Store.
If the PSN status page displays issues that affect your network connection, you can only wait for Sony to resolve the issue. Check this page regularly.
Otherwise, if the status of the PSN service is correct, proceed to the next solution.
Check the Ethernet connection
The PS4 CE-33984-7 error may also occur if your PS4 Ethernet has problems connecting to your modem/router. Check the connection by following the instructions below.
- Connect over Wi-Fi. If you are able to connect to the modem, this indicates an Ethernet problem.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the LAN port of the PS4 and reconnect the Ethernet cable to the modem/router, starting with LAN port 1 and increasing it if there is no connection. The LAN ports may not be connected or may not function properly.
- Call your ISP, port 2 or higher of your modem can be disabled. Some vendors have disabled it with a firmware update if the customer is aware of this.
- Replace the Ethernet cable. It is also possible that the cable is damaged.
- Check the settings of your modem or router if the Ethernet MAC address of the PS4 is static or if the Ethernet MAC address is blocked.
- Switch to secure mode, recreate the database and test it.
- If step 5 does not succeed, switch to protected mode. Initialize your PS4.
- If all steps fail, send the PS4 to a service center to check the LAN port for repair.
Restore the console as the main console.
Some users who have also experienced this problem have confirmed that they can solve it by activating their account as the main account on their console. In most cases, this update is considered effective if the error CE-33984-7 occurs when attempting to access digitally purchased media.
Several affected users who had the same problem reported that they didn’t get the error code after entering the console’s configuration menu and enabling the console as the main PS4 in the account management settings.
If you do not know how to do this, follow the instructions below to correct the error code CE-33984-7 by setting the console as Primary PS4 :
- On the PS4 Main Control Panel, click the Settings tab in the horizontal menu at the top.
- In the Settings menu, go to the Manage Accounts menu.
- On the Account Manager menu, go to Activate as Main GPS4 and select Activate when prompted to confirm that you want to start the process.
- When this process is complete, restart your computer and make sure the problem is resolved the next time you boot the computer.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware recovery. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have CCNA certification for network design and troubleshooting.
ce-37813-2,ce-33986-9,nw-31204-0,ce-33991-5,nw-31205-1,cannot connect to the wifi network within the time limit,ps4 won't obtain ip address lan,ce-33984-7 reddit,why won't playstation obtain ip address,ps4 cannot obtain ip address in time limit,nw-31297-2,psn status