Fix: Windows Could Not Finish Configuring the System
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
When you view a screenshot of a virtual machine using Startup Diagnostics, the screenshot shows a Windows installation error when services are started during Windows installation. When the error occurs, the following message is displayed:
Windows is unable to complete the system configuration. Restart the computer to continue the configuration. The installation program manages the
This error occurs when the operating system fails to complete the sysprep process. This error occurs when you try to start a shared virtual machine for the first time. If this problem occurs, the shared image must be recreated because it is in an unmanageable state and cannot be restored.
What is sysprepping?
You can use the Sysprep utility to install Microsoft Windows images on other computers. Sysprep is a utility developed by Microsoft that lets you easily install Microsoft Windows on many other computers at once. It removes computer information from a Windows image, after which you can easily install or deploy it on other computers.
Updated January 2021:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this software, you can solve and prevent computer problems quickly:
- Stap 1: Download de PC Recovery and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Click on the “Start Scan” button to find Windows registry issues that can cause PC problems.
- Step 3: Click on the “Fix All” button to fix all the problems.
So, to run Sysprep, you must first create a Windows image on the current system. Then you use the Sysprep tool to prepare it for distribution to other computers.
Now let’s move on to this error that occurs when you extract the Windows 10 image and restart the computer.
Disable data folder security
Disable the data folder protection setting in the MAR policy, start Sysprep, and re-enable it when Sysprep is complete.
- Open the EPA and go to the MAR strategy.
- On the General tab, uncheck the Enable data folder security check box.
- Send a wake-up call to the terminal agent.
- The policy change is made at the endpoint.
- Start Sysprep and wait for it to finish.
- Restore data registry protection in RAM policy and send the prosecutor a wake-up call to the endpoint.
Using the Microsoft patch
The error can be corrected with the patch http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981542/. How do I get to the laptop?
- If the error message: Windows cannot complete the system configuration. Restart the computer to continue the configuration. Press SHIFT-F10. Do not press the OK key.
- At this point, you can do almost anything you want.
- My advice: start services.msc and start all services marked : Automatic.
- Start compmgmt.msc, enable the admin user, or create an additional admin user.
- Start traveler.exe
- You can now select the user
- Log in as administrator and run the patch
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
msoobe stuck at just a moment,forticlient sysprep,number of $secure security descriptors failed,could not create setupcl generalize request,msoobe.,install windows error after reset,windows could not finish configuring the system sophos,windows could not finish configuring the system mdt,smartdeploy windows could not finish configuring the system,windows could not complete the installation,just a moment windows 10