Hey there! Before reading the article which is about Fix Windows Update error 0x80240034 for good, you should read about windows update troubleshooter. It shares basic information about this article and also adds more value to it. Do let us know how you feel about it in the comment section below. Happy Reading! Really glad that you are here.
Microsoft released a patch back in April to alleviate the high CPU usage issue that Windows Update users have been suffering from since the Anniversary Update was released. However, if you’re continuing to see that error, then you have a Windows Update problem that needs to be fixed.
If you’re getting the Windows Update error 0x80240034 when you try to install some updates on your PC, you’re not alone. Unfortunately, this update error can be hard to fix, and it might not be due to a problem with the update itself. It might be a problem with your computer. That’s why you need to know what to do if you get this error. Here are a few things to try if you get the Windows Update error 0x80240034.
In this guide, you will find several effective solutions that you can apply to solve Windows 10 error 0240034 once and for all.
- Free up space by deleting files or applications you don’t need.
- Disconnect any external devices you are not using (peripherals, USB sticks).
- Use the Get help option in the settings
Let’s move on to the real solutions. Do them one after the other and remember to restart the unit after each change so that the changes are applied.
How to fix Windows 10 update error 0240034?
- Use the Windows Update troubleshooter
- Start the CFS
- Start DISM
- Download the update manually
- Perform a full system analysis
- Resetting Windows Update Components
- Go to Start > Input Options and press Enter.Title : Windows 10 Settings Error 0240034
- Go to Update & Security > Troubleshooting.Title : Troubleshooting Windows 10 error 0240034
- Find windows update and click on Run troubleshooter.Title: run troubleshooter windows 10 error 0240034
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Restart your computer.
- Press Windows+Q and type cmd.
- In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.Title : Windows 10 command prompt error 0240034
- A new cmd window will appear. Type sfc /scannow and press enter.Title: sfc scannow windows 10 error 0240034
- Wait for the analysis and recovery process to complete.
- Press the Windows key + X and start the command prompt (Admin).
- Copy and paste the following command into the command line: dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth Title: dism Scan Error 0240034
- If DISM cannot get the files from the Internet, try using a USB stick or an installation DVD. Insert the media and run the following command:
dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:/Repair/Source/Windows /LimitAccess
- Be sure to replace C:/Repair/Source/Windows with the path to your DVD or USB device.
Message: Be sure to replace the original recovery path with your own.
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- In the search field, type the update code and press Enter.
- From the list of suitable updates, look for an update that uses the same architecture as your system.
- Click the Download button next to the update to download it.
- After downloading the update, run the installation file and follow the instructions.
- Restart your Windows computer after the update is completed.
ESET Internet Security
To avoid a Windows update error, run regular scans with ESET, the world’s leading antivirus software. Malware has no chance of surviving!
- Open the Win + X menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list. You can do this by pressing the key combination Windows + X.Title: Command Prompt (admin) Error 0240034
- When the command prompt opens, type the following commands:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- clean stop bits
- just stop msiserver
- rmdir %windir%SoftwareDistribution /S /Q
- just start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- Network Starter Bits
- just start msiserver
- Then press the Enter key and check if the problem is solved.
You can also create a reset script by following the steps described in our WUReset script guide.
Windows Update error 0240034 can be problematic, but we hope you were able to resolve it with one of our solutions.
We would like to know if this article has been helpful to you or if you have tried other solutions. Please contact us in the comment box.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about windows update assistant and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error 0x80070422?
If you’re getting the error 0x80070422 when trying to download updates from Windows Update, it’s probably because you’re trying to install security updates on Windows 10. Security updates are designed for computers with Microsoft’s latest operating system, Windows 10. You can’t install them on computers running Windows 7 or 8.1. If you’re trying to install security updates on one of those older operating systems, you’ll get error 0x80070422 and have to wait for Microsoft to release an update for that version of Windows. The error 0x80070422 is a very common error in Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, and it can sometimes occur in Windows XP. It has to do with errors that occur during the update process. In this post we’ll look at what causes this error and how you can fix it.
How do I fix Windows Update errors?
Depending on the type of error you’re experiencing, the first thing you should do is run Windows Update again. If you have Automatic Updates enabled, your computer will automatically check for updates once a day. If you have Automatic Updates disabled, you can run Windows Update yourself by going to Start, then All Programs, then Windows Update. (If you don’t see Windows Update on the list, you can also go to Start, then Control Panel, then Windows Update.) If you’re like most Windows users, you probably get annoyed every time you see a message in the Action Center telling you there are updates available. To you, it seems like every time you turn around, Microsoft is forcing you to upgrade your software, and you simply can’t keep up. More often than not, these updates help keep your system safe, boost performance and even add new features. But, these updates can also cause your PC to run slower than normal, trigger errors, or even render your system unusable.
How do I fix error 0x800705b4?
It’s no secret that the Windows Update service has had its fair share of problems over the years. Whether it’s an issue with update files breaking, the service not working properly, or a PC updating several times a day, Windows Update has been a source of frustration for countless users. Most recently, Windows 10 users have reported seeing error 0x800705b4 during the update process. We’ll discuss what this error means and how to troubleshoot it so that you can get your computer back on track. This error message usually comes up when you try to download or install a Windows Updates. If you’re having this problem after you install Windows Update, see the steps in the “Check for solutions to common problems” section below.
Feedback,windows update troubleshooterwindows update assistant0x80240034 server 2019windows update 0x802400340x80240034 1909feature update to windows 10, version 1903 0x80240034,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows update troubleshooter,feature update to windows 10, version 1903 0x80240034,windows 10, version 1903 error 0x80240034,windows update assistant,0x80240034 server 2019,windows update 0x80240034,0x80240034 1909,potential windows update database error detected