Sometimes the error may be due to a temporary malfunction. To fix the problem, try restarting your Windows 10 system and see if it fixes the error.
If the problem persists, here are some steps to help you resolve the issue when Audacity failed to detect the audio device error in Windows 10.
How can I fix the audibility if my audio devices cannot find the error?
1. Audio Driver Update with DriverFix
Incompatible or outdated drivers may prevent the detection of audio device errors when running Audacity. Update all audio drivers with DriverFix to correct the error.
DriverFix is a popular utility for Windows that allows you to update all your drivers with one click. It offers a huge database of over 18 million driver files to update virtually every hardware component in your system.
After installation, the application scans the system for outdated and missing drivers. You can choose to update one or all drivers at the same time. It also has a driver backup manager for backup and saves all your drivers in a compressed zip file.
Key features of DriverFix :
- One-click update for missing and expired drivers
- A huge database of over 18 million driver files
- Integrated Backup and Calendar Manager
- Activating the download manager to check progress
The solution to the audio device error in Audacity can be found in DriverFix with a few clicks.
2. Manual Audio Driver Update
- Press the Windows + R key to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, expand the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers section.
- Right click on the audio device and select Update Driver.
- Select the Automatically check for updated drivers option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install any pending audio drivers.
- Then expand the Audio In and Audio Out options and make sure your audio device is listed.
- If you see an audio device in the list, check to see if a driver update for that device is also available.
- After installing the update, restart the computer and check if the error is resolved.
If the Audacity error does not find the audio devices – you cannot play or record audio, try reinstalling the affected audio device through Device Manager to resolve the issue.
3. Removing an Audio Device
- Open the Device Manager.
- Extend the range of sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click on the audio device and select Remove. Confirm the action and click Delete.
- Restart the computer after uninstallation. When Windows restarts, the missing device drivers are automatically reinstalled.
- Start Audacity and check if the error is corrected.
4. Check for conflicts with third-party audio software
- Click on Start and search control.
- Find the control panel and click on it.
- In the Control Panel, go to Programs and open Programs and Features.
- Here you will find any other audio recording and editing tools that you may have installed.
- Select an application and press Delete. Confirm the action when requested by the OAC.
If you have multiple audio recording and editing tools installed, Audacity could not find sound devices when you have multiple audio recording and editing tools installed. Unofficially, there is no way to know which application is causing the error.
Take a guess and start uninstalling the latest sound recording and editing software from your PC. Do this until the error is resolved.
5. Reset audio permeability
- Press the Windows + R key.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK to open the control panel.
- Select Audience from the list of installed applications and press Uninstall.
- Restart the computer after uninstallation.
- After rebooting, download and install the latest version of Audacity.
The Audacity error cannot usually be detected in Windows 10 when multiple audio recording and editing programs are installed.
audacity no devices found windows 10, internal portaudio error audacity, error code invalid device, audacity not responding windows 10, audacity windows store version, audacity won t playback, port error audacity, audacity internal port audio error, audacity windows 10 microphone, audacity troubleshooting, audacity error, older version of audacity, audacity microphone not working windows 10, audacity error opening recording device, internal port audio error windows 7, error code unanticipated host error, audacity error code -9997 invalid sample rate, internal portaudio error mac, internal portaudio error pyaudio, audacity error loading sound device, audacity input error, audacity internal portaudio error windows 10, how to give audacity access to microphone, audacity could not find any audio devices internal portaudio error, audacity error could not find any audio devices, audacity could not find any audio devices reddit, audacity download, audacity can't find audio device windows 10, error code 9999 audacity