Google Docs is a powerful tool that allows users to edit documents online, but it has a glaring omission: the use of grammar checkers. Many grammar checkers are available for the program, but they are often only compatible with limited forms of the software. Grammarly is one of the most popular grammar checkers, but its integration with Google Docs is not available to all users. This post discusses the basics of adding Grammarly to Google Docs and how it can be used.
If you’re a writer, then you know that when it comes to writing, grammar is king. There’s nothing worse than having to go back through a paragraph, sentence by sentence, to fix a mistake you’ve made. Luckily, there are a number of options for editing, grammar, and spelling that you can use on any word document, like Grammarly.
Grammarly Premium is a word and grammar style checker that you can add to any Google Doc and get instant feedback on grammar mistakes. It’s like having a human usage reviewer at your fingertips!
Do you intend to use Grammarly in conjunction with Google Docs? Even if you are an expert in grammar, it is normal that you may seek rapid grammar aid from time to time as a writer.
Using a grammar checker is especially beneficial given that we live in a world where communication is essential for starting a business or even having a simple discussion. Grammarly makes it straightforward for everyone, whatever of their level of English skill, to write effectively.
If you’re reading this, you probably use or plan to use Grammarly with Google Docs. This grammar checker program focuses on detecting grammar mistakes in applications such as Google Docs, Microsoft Word, WordPress, Gmail, and others. It can recognize fields in which text can be entered and updated.
The most significant aspect is that, unlike many other programs, you will never have to pay for the premium version because it is always available for free.
So, you’re undoubtedly wondering how this application integrates with Google Docs, one of the most widely used online word processors. The steps below will walk you through installing and using Grammarly with Google Docs.
Why should you use Grammarly with Google Docs?
Although you definitely don’t want to make grammar mistakes in your documents or emails, they do occur. Unless you use an addon like Grammarly, your conventional spell-checker will miss the bulk of them.
Grammarly is now up against Google’s new machine learning-based grammar checker, which can also be found in Google Docs. Google promises to be able to detect everything from misplaced articles (“an” instead of “a”) to more complex issues such as erroneous subordinate clause usage.
Grammarly is still one of the best tools for checking grammar in apps like Google Docs, despite the competition.
So, how does Grammarly work with Google Docs? Let’s start with the guide before we get into how this tool can assist you enhance your writing.
How can I add Grammarly to Google Docs from within the browser?
After installing Grammarly on your favourite browser, such as Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge, you may use it with Google Docs. For the aforementioned browsers, this application provides browser extensions. Grammarly will be accessible to check problems in your Google Docs as soon as you apply the extension to your browser.
Let’s look at how to apply the Grammarly extension to the above-mentioned browsers so you may use it in Google Docs.
NOTE: All you have to do to for Grammarly to start spotting problems in your Google Docs is add the Grammarly extension to your browser. We’ll go over how to install the extension on Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge in the sections below.
Grammarly has been added to the Chrome browser.
To quickly add the Grammarly plugin to your Google Chrome browser, follow these steps:
- Search for chrome web store on Google and select the first result. It will take you to the Grammarly extension store, where you may download it.
- Once the Chrome web shop has opened, use the given search box in the upper left corner of the browser to look for Grammarly.
- All of the search results, including the Grammarly plugin, will be displayed. It’ll almost certainly be the first result. To open it, simply click on it.
- It’ll take you to the extension’s home page. To begin the installation, click the Add to Chrome icon on the right.
- As shown in the screenshot below, you’ll be asked to confirm the installation. To proceed, simply confirm it.
Following the confirmation, you should receive a notification stating that the extension has been successfully installed.
That’s all there is to do when it comes to installing the Grammarly plugin in Google Chrome. After you’ve installed the plugin, you may open your Google Docs document and Grammarly will automatically detect your grammatical and spelling problems.
On other web browsers, the procedure is nearly same.
What is the best way to utilize Grammarly with Google Docs?
You must first set up Grammarly in your web browser, as we covered in the last section, before you can use it in Google Docs. You won’t need to do anything else in Google Docs once you’ve added the extension to your browser. Grammarly will begin operating on its own.
Grammarly and Google Docs have no limitations when it comes to interoperability.
Unlike Google Docs, Grammarly requires the installation of a browser extension or a desktop editor for Windows and Mac. This applies to both the free and paid Grammarly versions.
When you’ve finished installing the grammarly extension, click the icon in the bottom-right corner to see the total amount of proposed corrections on your document.
Red underlined text indicates suggested revisions. Hovering your cursor over the text will reveal the proposed edit.
Grammarly encourages users to look through corrections one by one, which is a useful tool for a skill as intricate and subjective as grammar. Grammarly’s beta version for Google Docs is now available as well.
To accept an edit, simply mouse over the selection and click the recommendation. Hover your cursor over the suggestion and click the “Ignore” button to dismiss it.
However, we will provide you with detailed instructions on this.
More Grammarly with Google Docs Tips?
- After you activate Grammarly on your browser, it’ll automatically be available in all your Google Docs documents. you can use it to check existing documents or create new ones by going to ‘File > New > Document.’
- As soon as the new document starts, start typing or importing material from your desktop, and Grammarly will start working in the background.
- Grammarly presently only indicates the most severe grammar issues that must be repaired immediately away because the full version of the browser plugin has not yet been released. It contains things like misspelled words, poor punctuation, erroneous verb forms, and missing articles.
- Before moving on to more challenging challenges, I like rectifying these blunders. So, click on the red-highlighted word and choose the proper option from the drop-down menu.
- Once you’ve rectified all of the indicated errors in Google Docs, select the entire document and copy it.
- Visit the Grammarly website to delve even deeper into the rabbit hole.
- Select “Upload” from the drop-down menu after logging in to your account.
- Grammarly scans the entire page in a matter of seconds when you hit ‘CTRL + V’ to paste your content.
- When the analysis is finished, you’ll be presented with a page full of markups, as well as a navigation bar on the right-hand side that shows the total score of your text as well as a list of all the grammatical problems it includes.
- You may check the average length of your sentences and words, as well as your readability score and the amount of unique words you used in your writing, by clicking on the score.
- The overall score is helpful in determining where your writing stands and how you may improve it, but right now the most important thing is to fix the advanced grammar faults Grammarly exposes.
- Correct punctuation, phrase fragments, overused words, passive voice, inappropriate sentence structure, and other contextual mistakes are marked with yellow lines.
- When you click on a faulty word or phrase, Grammarly will explain why it was marked as incorrect, as well as the proper replacement.
- Because of its level of precise reporting, Grammarly is the preferred grammar tool over other grammar checkers.
- In the lower right corner, it also features a plagiarism checker that examines over 16 billion pages for phrases and sentences that are identical to those on other pages.
- It’s the most accurate plagiarism checker I’ve ever used, and I usually use it after double-checking for grammatical and spelling issues in my work.
- Select and copy the entire document to return to Google Docs for some finishing adjustments after you’ve checked for plagiarism.
The Grammarly Sidebar is being used.
Grammarly has another another fascinating feature. The Grammarly sidebar is the most practical way to work through Grammarly flags when you’re working on a large manuscript with numerous of them.
To access the sidebar, go to the document’s bottom right corner and select the Grammarly icon (either green if there are no errors or red if there are errors).
On the right side of the page, the sidebar will be visible. You can browse over the Grammar items you marked or click on one of the sidebars to view a specific concern category, like correctness, clarity, commitment, or delivery.
Grammarly can help you set content goals.
Grammarly’s ability to set goals for the content you’re generating is another useful feature in Google Docs.
To use this feature, open the grammar sidebar and click the target icon. This brings up the Set Target window, where you can change the selections for Public, Formality, Domain, and Tone.
Is Grammarly Premium Worth It? is one of the most often asked questions by Grammarly users.
Consider what Premium can do for you if you’re already using Grammarly’s free version for your business.
Investing in something means putting some money down and, as with most things, paying fees.
This is for you if your writing is your company’s bread and butter, and you don’t want any errors in your documents.
Premium, in addition to the basic capabilities, can help you improve your writing from a variety of angles by suggesting ways to improve your writing style and understanding where your errors are coming from to provide rich context.
We still believe that you should have a human editor look over crucial documents rather than relying on computerized grammar and spelling checks.
Computers can’t capture everything, and they regularly overlook words or phrases that are misconstrued.
When a grammatical issue is discovered, an expert can edit the phrase and answer any questions you may have about why the error occurred, so you don’t make the same mistake again.
Grammarly, on the other hand, is worth a look, even if only as a tangential competitor.
It’s great for casual writing and much better for mass writing.
This allows you to concentrate on the vital tasks at hand while the extension decreases your workload by catching the most common errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use Grammarly on Google Docs?
You can use Grammarly on Google Docs by clicking the “Tools” menu and selecting “Grammarly.”
Why is my Grammarly not working on Google Docs?
Grammarly is not compatible with Google Docs.
Where is the Grammarly sidebar in Google Docs?
The Grammarly sidebar is located on the right side of the screen.
Feedback,grammarly google docs extensiongrammarly google docs not workinginstall grammarly for chromegrammar add-on google docsgrammarly google docs sidebargrammarly login,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,grammarly google docs extension,grammarly google docs not working,install grammarly for chrome,grammar add-on google docs,grammarly google docs sidebar,grammarly login,grammarly download,grammarly premium