Hulu is making a push for all of us to move to the Windows 10 platform, with an app that is built to run on both PC’s and Mobile. You may not like it, but you need to use it. However, due to various glitches that are common in Windows, users are having issues with the app. Here is how to fix the problem for both PC’s and Mobile: 1. Open the Hulu app. 2. Click on the hamburger menu in the top right corner of the app. 3. Click on Settings. 4. Select “Settings for Hulu” from the menu. 5. Select “Enable.” 6. Click on “OK.” 7. Click on “OK.
Hulu has been a staple on Windows 10 for many years, but lately the Windows 10 version of the app has been suffering from a lot of problems. The problem with this app is that you cannot use Windows 10 without an internet connection, but the Windows 10 app won’t load in offline mode. This article will show you how to fix Hulu Windows 10 app not working
Hulu is a service that streams movies and TV shows to various devices, including computers and smart TVs. In this guide, we will show you how to fix Hulu Windows 10 app not working.. Read more about windows 10 hulu app not working and let us know what you think.
authored by Matthew Adams
Windows & Software Expert
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related subjects. His primary emphasis is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
24th of August, 2021
Originally published in September 2018
- Despite the fact that Hulu is a well-known video-streaming service, several customers have complained that the Hulu Windows 10 app is broken.
- Start by using the Windows Store applications troubleshooter to resolve the issue.
- To minimize load times, another useful option is to shut the program in the background.
- Following our step-by-step guide below, you can also update the Hulu app.
We suggest DriverFix to repair a variety of PC issues: this program will maintain your drivers up to date, protecting you against frequent computer faults and hardware failure. Check all of your drivers right now in three simple steps:
- DriverFix may be downloaded here (verified download file).
- To identify all faulty drivers, click Start Scan.
- To obtain updated versions of drivers and prevent system failures, go to Update Drivers.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded DriverFix.
Hulu is a video-streaming service that allows you to watch TV programs on your browser or on its app.
However, the Hulu app for Windows 10 does not always function, since some users have reported that the program does not play any videos for them.
For Windows devices, Hulu streaming problems aren’t uncommon. If the video streaming on your Hulu app isn’t functioning, see the list below for some possible solutions.
What can I do if the Hulu app on Windows 10 doesn’t work?
- Check to see if Hulu is unavailable.
- Open the troubleshooter for Windows Store applications.
- Restart your computer or laptop.
- Hulu should be reinstalled
- DRM should be turned off.
- Turn off any background applications.
- Hulu’s app needs to be updated.
- An Ethernet cable should be used to connect the router to the computer.
- Turn off any other Wi-Fi devices.
- Turn off Windows Defender Firewall for the time being.
- Attempt to use a different streaming provider.
1. Check to see whether Hulu is unavailable.
One of the streaming problem notifications in the Hulu app is Playback Failure. A server outage is typically the cause of such error message.
As a result, it’s possible that there’s a continuous Hulu server outage that you can’t truly fix.
Open a page on Is It Down Right Now to see whether the Hulu server is down. That page will inform you if there is a problem with the Hulu server.
Hulu.com is up and accessible, according to the page’s server status check at the time of writing. However, some customers in the United States have lately reported that Hulu is still unavailable in a few areas.
If the page says Hulu.com is usually down, you’ll probably simply have to wait a day or two until the server is restored by Hulu.
2. Launch the troubleshooter for Windows Store applications.
- To launch Cortana, use the Type here to search Windows 10 taskbar button.
- To find troubleshooting system options, type the term troubleshoot into the text box.
- To access the troubleshooter list in the Settings app, click Troubleshoot.
- To open the window seen in the screenshot below, choose Windows Store applications and click the Run troubleshooter button.
- Then, if the troubleshooter offers any, you may go through the recommended remedies.
The Windows Store applications troubleshooter can help you repair broken Windows 10 apps. Try using this troubleshooter to see if it might help you with your Hulu app.
3. Restart your computer or laptop.
When you first began your Windows 10 computer or laptop, it’s possible that the connection settings were incorrectly setup. As a result, rebooting Windows 10 may be necessary to repair the Hulu app.
From the Start menu, choose to turn off your computer or laptop, then disconnect it for a minute or two.
You may also disconnect your router or modem for approximately a minute. Reconnect the router and the Windows 10 device. Then open Hulu on your computer or laptop.
Also, if Hulu isn’t working with your VPN turned on, see our detailed instructions to quickly resolve the issue.
4. Hulu should be reinstalled.
- Start typing in the Cortana search box.
- Enter apps in the search box, and select to open Apps & features.
- After that, choose Hulu and click the Uninstall option.
- Then, on your browser, go to the official Microsoft Store website.
- To reinstall the Hulu Windows 10 app, click the Get option there.
A new Hulu app with a clean data cache may be able to stream video without issue. As a result, reinstalling the program may be the answer you’re searching for. To reinstall the Hulu app on Windows 10, follow the instructions outlined above.
5. Disable DRM
- Open the Hulu app to disable the DRM.
- Click the gear icon and then the Settings button.
- The SW DRM may then be turned off.
Unless you turn off DRM (Digital Rights Management), certain Hulu video material with DRM limitations may not play.
Also, if you’re not sure how to remove DRM from WMA, have a look at our step-by-step tutorial.
6. Turn off any background applications.
- Select Task Manager from the context menu by right-clicking the taskbar.
- Then, under applications, pick software and click End Task to terminate it.
- Some third-party applications may also appear in the background processes section. So search for software under background processes and close any applications that are mentioned there.
- Click the Start-up tab if you can’t shut your antivirus program through the Processes tab.
- Then, on the Start-up tab, pick the antivirus program and click the Disable option. The antivirus program will be removed from the Windows starting menu as a result of this action.
- Restart your computer and open Hulu.
Hulu video streams may also be affected by background applications.
Antivirus software with firewalls is the most likely background software to prevent Hulu from playing videos at all, while other applications may at the very least slow down the loading times.
So, before you open the Hulu app, make sure all other programs are closed. As previously stated, Task Manager may be used to close applications that aren’t visible on the Windows taskbar.
7. Hulu’s app needs to be updated.
- To launch the Microsoft Store app, go to the Start menu and click the shortcut.
- At the top right of the app’s window, click the… (See more) button.
- To get a list of recent app updates, go to Downloads and updates.
- To check for updates, click the Get updates button.
- Then a Hulu app update may be downloaded automatically.
Bug and crash patches are often included in software upgrades. So, by following the procedures outlined above, you may want to check for Hulu app updates.
8. Use an Ethernet wire to connect the router to the computer.
Consider switching to an Ethernet connection if you’re using Hulu via a Wi-Fi connection. A more solid connection may be achieved via an Ethernet cable.
If you have an Ethernet cable, use it to connect your PC and router. Then, to test whether Ethernet makes a difference, try viewing a movie on Hulu.
Take a look at our selection of free and premium streaming software for PCs to see which one is right for you.
9. Turn off any other Wi-Fi devices.
Other Wi-Fi device users may have a significant effect on Hulu video streaming if you just have limited bandwidth.
So, while you’re watching Hulu, ensure sure no other Wi-Fi devices are turned on. When you attempt to view shows on Hulu, this will guarantee that no one else is hogging network capacity.
10. Turn off Windows Defender Firewall for the time being.
- Start typing in the Cortana search box.
- In the search box, type Windows Defender Firewall.
- To access the Control Panel settings for Windows Defender Firewall, click on it.
- To change the firewall settings, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Click the OK button after selecting both Turn off Windows Defender Firewall choices.
- Then launch the Hulu app and attempt to watch a video stream.
When necessary, choose the Turn on Windows Defender Firewall options in the Windows Defender Firewall Control Panel applet to reactivate the firewall.
If not set properly, firewalls may prevent Hulu and other streaming applications from playing content.
To ensure that the Windows Defender Firewall does not obstruct playback, turn it off before starting Hulu. To turn off the firewall temporarily, follow the instructions below.
Attempt to use a different streaming provider.
Take a peek at what else is available on other streaming providers. It all depends on your viewing habits, but switching to a different provider may be beneficial.
Disney+ offers a collection that includes certain Hulu-exclusive programs and films, so it may be a good match for your streaming requirements. It also offers a large number of original programs and movies, both old and new.
The platform’s content has been steadily increasing since its debut.
Disney+ is accessible on all platforms and devices. It features a user interface that is simple to use and can be viewed via their app or on the internet.
Those changes may be enough to get the Hulu app to stream video again. Some of those resolutions may also solve Hulu’s browser playback.
Take a closer look at our complete guide for more information on how to repair video streaming in Windows 10 and fix them quickly.
If the Hulu app on Windows 10 isn’t working, we hope these methods helped you repair it. Please use the comments area below to provide any further ideas or queries.
Note: This material has been updated for freshness and accuracy on a regular basis. In line with the app’s most recent upgrades, we’ve been revising the remedies that may solve the issue. We really hope you were able to resolve your problems and continue to enjoy your favorite material.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Many users have reported that the “Hulu” app for Windows 10 is not working. You’ll try to open it and the app will not do anything. If you’re not getting this error, try the methods below (or go to the Hulu website). Steps to Fix Hulu Windows 10 App Not Working 1) Check if you’re connected to the internet. 2) If you’re not, get a VPN. 3) Open a new IE tab and go to the Hulu website and refresh the page.. Read more about hulu app not working on samsung tv and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Hulu not working on PC?
Hulu is not currently available on PC.
Why is my Hulu app not working?
Hulu is currently experiencing technical difficulties. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have it back up soon.
How do I fix Windows 10 apps not working?
If you are having issues with Windows 10 apps not working, the first thing to do is make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements for playing Beat Saber.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- windows 10 hulu app not working
- hulu app not working on samsung tv
- why is hulu not working on my computer
- hulu app windows 8
- hulu app for windows