How to Fix “Printer offline” Error For Windows 10
As you all know, the printer is an old and useful device of this generation, but also for printing all kinds of documents, both in the office and at home. Since this device is very easy to use, there are many problems. One of the problems is the offline printer under Windows 10. This problem has many causes, but in most cases it is due to a problem with the printer driver. Many of the 10 Windows users reported this problem with the offline display of the printer. This error also indicates whether they are properly connected. So what are you gonna do?
In this article we therefore show how this problem can be solved easily in several steps.
Reinstall printer driver
- Click on the Start button and navigate through the control panel. When you get the result, click on it.
- Search and click on devices and printers in the control panel window.
- Go to the printer and right click on it. In the option, click Remove Device.
- A confirmation dialog will then appear, click on the Yes button.
- Now download the printer driver from the printer manufacturer, update it and just install it.
Changing printer settings
- Start by clicking on the Start button, search and open the control panel window.
- Find the device and the printer and click on it.
- Make sure the default printer is installed.
- Right-click on the default printer in the window and select the option to see what will be printed.
- If a key indicates that a task is in progress, you can simply remove it from the list.
- Now select the printer in the tab and remove the checkmark under Use printers offline.
- Now check the default printer to see if it is properly connected to your computer.
It is best to disconnect and reconnect the cable.
- Also try restarting the Wi-Fi router.
- Perform a full power cycle for the printer and the computer by turning it off and then on again after a certain amount of time.
- If the printer still has the same problem, reinstall the printer drivers. When this problem occurs, the printer goes into error status in most cases.
Restart print pooler service
- Press the Windows + R button at the same time or search for the start button.
- In the startup dialog, enter the services.msc textbox and press Enter or the Ok button.
- Go to the print pooler service in the window and right click on it. Select Restart from the menu. Don’t check if this step worked for you.
Changing printer properties
- Also go to the Start button, search and open the Control Panel window.
- Search and click on devices and printers.
- Find the printer and right click on it. Now select the properties of the printer in the settings.
- Click on the Gates tab in the Properties window. Now check the IP address of the printer and click on the button below for the configuration port.
- Now clear the SNMP status checkbox and press OK to save it.
For more information on how to return your printer online, please follow this link to learn more.
- Press the Windows + I key on the keyboard to open the settings window.
- Find the Update and Security option and just click on it.
- Click Check for Updates, and it will automatically update when updates are available. You may be able to solve the problem with the printing error in offline mode.
Addition of a second printer
- Go to the Start button, search, press and open the control panel.
- Locate the devices and the printer in the window.
- Find the printer and right click on it. Then click on the properties of the printer in the settings window.
- Go to the Gates tab and click on the Add Gate button at the bottom.
- Click on the Default TCP/IP Port button and then click on the New Port button below.
- Now click on the Next button and continue.
- It will ask you to enter the required data. You can find it in the manual of the printer. When you’re done typing, just click the Next button.
- Now, look for a loophole, whether it appears or not. Most problems can now be solved.
These are effective measures to help you solve the problem of printing errors in Windows 10 offline. I hope this article will help you with your information. Please comment below on the method you used to obtain the solution.