Many Kodi fans would like to see an enhanced version of the app on the latest FireStick and any Android TV box, which is why this guide is here. Whether you want to show off your 4K movies, play 4K videos in Kodi, or play 4K movies on Kodi, this guide will help you do it.
FireStick is one of those products that is either loved by its users or hated by them. It’s a powerful streaming device that allows you to stream 4K content to the TV (and other screens) around your house.
In this article I will explain how to install the 4K addon on Kodi. The instructions in this article work the same way for all Amazon devices, including the FireStick 4K, Fire TV, FireStick Lite, and Fire TV Cube. But first, a brief overview of the Kodi 4K addon.
The days when 4K streaming was a luxury are over. 4K TVs are now affordable and ubiquitous. Finding good 4K content remains a challenge, but if you know where to look, there’s plenty out there.
Don’t worry about it. We have a solution, especially if you are a cable operator. With the growing popularity of 4K content (TV shows and movies), Kodi third-party developers are releasing add-ons that support 4K streaming capabilities. One of these addons is the Kodi 4K addon from the Narcacist repository.
The Kodi 4K addon supports Trakt integration. It also supports debriding services, including Real Debrid, All Debrid, and Premiumize. With this add-on, you can easily stream movies and TV shows in 4K format. It is compatible with Kodi 18 Leia and Kodi 19 Matrix.
You can also find the 4K addon in our list of the best addons for Kodi.
Attention KODI users: please read before continuing
Kodi addons / modules offer unlimited streaming content, but can also get you in legal trouble if you get caught watching movies / TV shows / sports for free. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN when streaming online. A good Kodi VPN can hide your identity, bypass government surveillance, block content, and ISP throttling (which also contributes to buffer-free streaming).
I use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device, including the Amazon FireStick. Get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plans. There is also a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Click HERE to get 3 months free and save 49% on ExpressVPN.
Read: How to install and use VPN for Kodi
Now I want to help you install the Kodi 4K addon so you can experience its content.
To install the 4K Kodi addon
1. Start Kodi. Click the Settings button (gear icon) at the top of the left pane.
2. Select the system.
3. Click on the Tools tab. Select Unknown Sources on the right and activate the toggle switch.
Message: For privacy and security reasons, the switch is disabled by default.
4. Click Yes if a warning window appears. The Unknown Sources switch is now enabled.
5. Return to the system page and select File Manager.
6. Press <No>.
7. Use the on-screen keyboard in the pop-up window to enter http://narcacist.com/repo, then press OK.
Message: Try replacing HTTP with HTTPS if you experience problems.
8. Set the file name under Media Source. We’ve added an anesthesiologist. Press OK.
9. Go back to the Kodi home page and select Add-ons on the left. Select Install from zip file in the top right corner.
If you are using Kodi 19, you will see the following additional tooltip. Press Yes.
11. Pick a narcissist.
12. Select repository.NarcasistWizard.zip and click OK.
13. Wait a few minutes until a message appears in the upper right corner that the archive has been installed.
14. Select the Install from memory option.
15. Select the main Narcazist repository.
16. Click on Video Enhancements.
17. Scroll down and select 4K.
18. Click on the Install button.
19. Press OK when prompted to install an optional add-on.
20. Wait a few seconds for the installation to complete. Then you will see a message that the add-on is installed.
21. Go back to the Kodi home page and select Add-ons. 4K should appear in the video enhancement section.
Before you start streaming video with Kodi addons or modules, I want to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and the government. This means that streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live broadcasts and sports) can lead to legal problems.
Fortunately, there is a reliable way to hide all your streaming activities from your ISP and the government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN masks your original IP address and helps you bypass surveillance, ISPs and geographical restrictions on content.
Personally, I use and recommend ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all types of applications and streaming devices.
OPINION: We do not encourage copyright infringement. But what if you accidentally upload content from an illegal source? It is not always easy to distinguish between a legal and an illegal source.
So before you start streaming on Kodi, read here how to get VPN protection in 3 easy steps.
Step one: Purchase your ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can use it for free for the first 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the service (which is unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step two: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN application on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have included the exact steps below, starting with step 4.
Step three: Click on the power icon to connect to the VPN server. That’s it. Now your connection is secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The steps to install Kodi VPN on Fire TV devices are described below. If you have other broadcast devices, follow steps 1 to 3 above.
Step four: Sign up for ExpressVPN HERE (if you are not already a subscriber).
Step 5: Go to the Fire TV Stick home screen. Click the Search button and then the Search option (see figure below).
Step six: Type expressvpn into the search bar and select when it appears.
Seventh step: Click on the Download button.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN application and log in using the username and password you created when you purchased your ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click on the power icon to connect to the VPN server. That’s it. Now your FireStick is protected with the fastest VPN.
How to integrate Real Debrid into the Kodi 4K addon
Recommended for uninterrupted streaming
Real Debrid is a subscription service that gives you access to premium streams hosted on unlimited servers. The Real Debrid service retrieves links from 56 hosts, including Mega, Filefactory, Data File, etc. Each host offers premium content, which usually requires you to pay a subscription. With Real Debrid, you can easily get these credentials.
Now let’s go through the process of integrating Real Debrid with the Kodi 4K addon.
1. On the main screen of the Kodi 4K addon, select Settings.
2. Select the Debride option at the top of the page.
3. Turn on the debridement service activation switch on the right side.
4. Make sure Real Debrider is selected in the Choose Debrider Service section.
5. Select Re-auth Real Debrid and press .
6. You will now receive an authorization code that you can use to connect your Real Debrid account. Write to
7. Access https://real-debrid.com/device from another device with a web browser.
Message: You must be logged in to your Real Debrid account.
8. Enter the specified code and click Next.
9. Enter a name for the connection that fully meets your needs.
10. Let’s go! You are now ready to use the 4K addon in Kodi.
Kodi 4K Addon Review
After launching the Kodi 4K addon, you will come to the main menu, which consists of the following sections
- Head of Section
- Films per year
- Movies by alphabet
- Film sets
- Types of films
- Films for children
- television program
- Search on
In the Home section, you can access thousands of 4K content by category, from movies to TV shows. There are separate folders for classics, horror movies, kids movies, Marvel, science fiction and war movies.
Then there’s a section on films by year. As you may have guessed, the 4K movies are ranked by year of release. However, the Kodi 4K addon consists of collections from 2014 to 2021. The addon also allows you to search for movies alphabetically, by genre and by boxset.
The Kodi 4K addon has a dedicated folder for kids content, including cartoons, 3D movies and anime. I have to say the collections here are great.
The Kodi 4K addon allows integration with Trakt, but must be verified first.
How to verify Trakt with the 4K Kodi addon
1. In the main screen of the addon, go to the Tract folder.
2. Click on a folder. You will now see the Authentication Trait pop-up window. Press Yes.
3. Just like with Real Debrid, you will now receive an authorization code that you can use to link your traction account. Write to
4. Now navigate to https://trakt.tv/activate from another device using a web browser.
5. Enter the code and click Next.
6. Click Yes when the window appears asking you to use the account.
7. That’s it! Your tract account is now integrated with the Kodi 4K addon.
8. If this is the first time you are setting up Trakt, you can continue the setup process by clicking Continue Setting Up Account.
4K is a great Kodi addon that offers you many movies and shows in 4K resolution for free. Because it supports Real Debrid, the Kodi 4K addon offers a variety of links to stream from high-quality servers. It is the perfect addon for all your 4K entertainment needs. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment in the section below.
We do not check the legality or safety of any add-ons, applications or services mentioned on this website. Furthermore, we do not promote, publish or link to copyrighted feeds. We strongly condemn piracy and urge our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our website refers only to non-copyrighted public domain content. Read our full disclaimer.
We are a reader-supported blog. If you purchase an item through the links on our website, we may receive a commission. Read more
We need your support
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install 4K on Kodi?
Kodi is an open source media player application and can be used on a wide array of platforms to play back media files. Over the years, the app has evolved immensely as a media player with an interface that’s user-friendly, and it now comes with an extensive library of media content to choose from. Kodi, the popular media player and home entertainment hub, has been around for many years. That said, Kodi continues to improve and newer versions are released regularly. One recent upgrade, the Kodi 18 Leia release, includes support for 4K resolution on compatible devices. But how do you enable 4K resolution on Kodi?
How do I get Kodi on Firestick 4K?
Kodi is a free and open-source media player software application developed by the XBMC Foundation. It is available for multiple operating systems and hardware, and can be used as a standalone player or as a media hub. It is considered to be the most popular media player on Linux and is also popular on Windows, Android, iOS, Fire TV, and Fire TV Stick. With the latest version of Kodi, known as Kodi 18, you can run 4K and HDR streams right from your Firestick, Android TV Box, and PC. The best part is that you can do this without any additional hardware. All you need is a good internet connection and a little bit of technical know-how.
Can you stream 4K on Kodi?
The latest software update to the FireStick & Fire TV Stick, which happened in late January, brought the ability to stream 4K content, something that was previously only available from paid services like Netflix & YouTube. While the new Kodi Add-on is still in beta, it’s the best way to use your FireStick & Fire TV Stick to watch movies and TV shows in 4K. Kodi has long been a favorite among XBMC users and has maintained its popularity over the years. But this is all about Kodi 17.6 “Krypton” update, one of the most important updates for Kodi 17.6. The Kodi 17.6 Krypton update is to be noted for the addition of support for the new Samsung smart TVs as well as the Amazon Fire Stick. The Fire TV and Stick can be used to watch 4K content without the need for external hardware.