The OnePlus 9 Pro is among the best Android phones you can buy today, but if you’re an advanced user with enough know-how, you might want to get even more out of it. The device is not too difficult to root and you can also unlock its bootloader. Beware, unlocking the bootloader will wipe the data on your OnePlus 9 Pro, so make sure to backup anything you don’t want to lose!
One of the most rewarding feelings in the Android world is the ability to root your smartphone and to then unlock the bootloader and flash a new ROM. Rooting and unlocking the bootloader is not only for Android enthusiasts, but also for those who wish to customize their phone’s performance, battery life, and appearance.
The OnePlus 9 is the latest flagship in the OnePlus lineup. There are three phones in the series, including the OnePlus 9R, OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro. The phone has great technical specifications. And in case you haven’t heard: OnePlus is one of our favorite custom app developers. And OnePlus recently released the kernel source code, which means custom ROMs and restores can be installed on the smartphone soon. But you can now root the OnePlus 9. Find out how to root the OnePlus 9 Pro and unlock the OnePlus 9 Pro bootloader here.
This guide is suitable for all three models, including the OnePlus 9 and the standard OnePlus 9R. So if you have one of the OnePlus 9 phones, you can follow this guide, but make sure you use the right files for your phone. The OnePlus 9 Pro comes with the latest hardware package, and it’s currently on the list of best Android phones. Some features of the OnePlus 9 Pro: Snapdragon 888 processor, Adreno 660 GPU, OxygenOS 11, 8 and 12 GB RAM, 128 and 256 GB storage.
OnePlus devices are very popular with developers and soon the OnePlus 9 will also get custom developments like custom ROMs, recoveries, cores, mods and more. But since the phone just shipped, you may have to wait a little longer for these projects, but you can uproot your phone right now. So, in front of you is the OnePlus 9 Pro rooting guide. You can also learn how to unlock the bootloader of the OnePlus 9 Pro here.
OnePlus phones are easy to churn out compared to some other brands. And since there is a flash tool available for OnePlus phones, you can take the risk of rooting your phone. You can use the flashing tool to fix your phone if you have a problem. Rooting is not an easy task, but the Magisk application makes it easier if you follow the right steps. But by default, you can’t directly root your phone. So, first we will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of the OnePlus 9 (Pro).
Unlocking the OnePlus 9 Pro bootloader
OnePlus phones come standard with a locked bootloader. It also prevents users from changing their phones. This means you can’t root your phone or install a custom ROM on it. Fortunately, the OEM allows users to unlock the bootloader with a simple procedure. OnePlus’ unlocking process is simple and easy. So, if you want to root your phone, you need to unlock the bootloader first. Let’s start the guide with how to unlock the bootloader of the OnePlus 9 Pro.
- Make a full backup of your phone, as unlocking the OnePlus 9 (Pro) bootloader will erase all data.
- Install the ADB and Fastboot drivers on your computer.
- Now open the settings of the OnePlus 9 and go to the About phone option.
- Under About Phone , you will see the version number, click on it 7-8 times. The message You are now a developer appears.
- Go back to the main settings, then to System > Developer Settings.
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in the developer option. Also, enable the early restart option in the Developer Options.
- Long press the power button, then you will see several options, press the three dots and select bootloader. You can also fastboot using the hotkeys.
- The OnePlus 9 will now boot into fastboot/bootloader mode.
- Connect the phone to a computer in fastboot mode.
- Now open the Command/CMD window on your computer. Enter the following command to check whether the device can connect to a computer. You will then receive the device ID.
- Once the connection is established, enter the following command.
- The above command suggests options on your phone. Now use the volume keys to scroll through the options. Select Unlock bootloader and press the power button.
- The unlocking process removes all data. Once the unlocking process is complete, the device will automatically reboot.
- Set up your device and enjoy your OnePlus 9 with an unlocked bootloader.
Once you have unlocked the OnePlus 9 bootloader, confirm it in the developer options. Make sure OEM unlocking is enabled. Once the bootloader is unlocked, you can root the phone. Let’s start with the requirements.
steps to root the OnePlus 9 (Pro) with Magisk
There are many reasons to root your Android phone. Rooting brings many additional features to the device. And if you like customization, you can also use custom fonts, custom startup animations, third-party themes, etc. In this guide, we’ll use the Magisk app to root the OnePlus 9. So let’s continue with the steps to root the OnePlus 9 Pro.
- First, extract the boot.img file from the OnePlus 9 series firmware. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Now install the Magisk application on your phone.
- Open the Magisk application and click the Install button.
- In the next step, select the Select file and correct it option.
- Find and select the boot.img file to begin updating the boot image.
- The output file is saved in the download directory as magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the corrected boot image file to your computer in the C:adb directory. Also rename the corrected file to boot.img.
- Reboot your OnePlus 9 Pro in fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:adb folder (or platform-tools folder), press Shift+right-click on an empty area and select Open Command Window Here or Open PowerShell Window Here.
- You can check whether the device is connected or not by entering the following command, which should return a device ID.
- Now enter the following command to flash Magisk and root the OnePlus 9 phone.
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the corrected boot image, reboot the device.
- Install Magisk Manager if it is not already installed.
- Follow the instructions in the application and the device will automatically reboot.
After following the above steps, you can check if you have root access. Install a root checker from the Play Store, it will show the root status of your phone. And once you have successfully rooted your OnePlus 9 phone, you can take advantage of many advanced features. If you like customization, then you can try out the different Xposed modules on the OnePlus 9 Pro. We have created an installation guide for Xposed Framework that you can follow.
That’s it for how to root OnePlus 9 phones and how to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 9 phones. If you have a OnePlus phone, you should check out the other OnePlus guides.
Check it out:
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about oneplus 9 pro software update and let us know what you think.
oneplus 9 pro unlock bootloaderoneplus 9 pro twrponeplus 9 pro xdaoneplus 9 pro software updatetwrp oneplus 9oneplus 9 root,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,oneplus 9 pro unlock bootloader,oneplus 9 pro twrp,oneplus 9 pro xda,oneplus 9 pro software update,twrp oneplus 9,oneplus 9 root,oneplus 9 pro global rom,oneplus 9 xda