4. Configuring iCloud for Windows 10
- Download iCloud for Windows from the Apple website. The installation process should start automatically. Otherwise, you have to go to the file explorer and open the iCloud configuration manually.
- After installation, restart your computer so iCloud can complete the configuration.
- Make sure iCloud is active when you open it. Otherwise, you need to go to the Start menu and search for iCloud.
- Double-click on iCloud to open it.
- Enter your Apple ID to access your iCloud account.
- Select the content you want to sync to your iCloud account.
- Click the Apply button to complete the setting.
iCloud Drive doesn’t sync with Windows 10? Use this manual for simple repairs
5. Download images to computer
Perform a system check for possible errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair All to troubleshoot proprietary technologies.
Scan the PC with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the damaged files are replaced with new Windows files and components.
When you enable iCloud Photos, a folder called iCloud Photos is automatically created.
Any photos or videos added to your iCloud folder from your PC can be viewed on any Apple device connected to your account.
You can also access these files through iCloud.com. With iCloud Photo Sharing, you can share photos and videos of your most memorable moments with your friends.
Other useful information
Manage your iCloud storage
iCloud is a free service that offers users 5 GB of cloud storage. For most of us, this space is often insufficient, so Apple gives us the opportunity to improve our storage.
Depending on your needs and budget, you can increase the capacity of your cloud by up to 2 TB. You can find the price list directly on the Apple website. This update is not permanent and comes with a monthly subscription.
Upgrading iCloud for Windows
Simply open the Apple Software Update application on your computer and you will be notified when updates become available. To receive update notifications, you must set up the Apple software update.
Click the Edit button in the software interface and go to the Settings section. In this menu you can choose how often you want to check for updates (daily, weekly, monthly or never).
Disable or delete iCloud for Windows
- On the Search tab, type Control and click Control Panel in the results.
- Select programs and functions.
- A list of all programs installed on your computer is displayed.
- Click on iCloud and select Delete.
- Click OK to start the uninstallation process.
FAQ: Learn more about Apple iCloud photos in Windows
- How do I view Apple photos on my computer?
You can easily view iCloud photos on your Windows computer by downloading the iCloud for Windows app and signing in with your Apple ID.
- How do I open photos on my Mac with Windows 10?
There are several options, as described in our guide, but a third-party application like Adobe Lightroom will allow you to manage and access your photos no matter what platform you use.
- How do I upload photos from iCloud to Windows 10?
You can download photos from the iCloud to your Windows computer using the iCloud for Windows application or any of the other ways mentioned in this guide.
Still having problems?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent on TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scanning button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing problems with the PC.
- Click Restore All to fix issues related to proprietary technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comment : This article was originally published in September 2016 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
icloud for windows, icloud photos, download icloud photos to pc, icloud photos not downloading to pc, how to sort icloud photos by date on pc, icloud für windows, if i delete icloud photos on pc, apple calendar on pc