6. Correct irrelevant parts of note
The partition of your laptop may be lost if you try to share it with other users. This happens when OneNote tries to synchronize changes to a partition but cannot find the file on the partition.
The notebook is then marked with an icon in the notebook list. There are two solutions to this problem: Move the irrelevant partition to another laptop or delete the partition.
Displacement irrelevant part
With OneNote you can manually repair a misplaced section by allowing you to move a specific section.
- Right-click on the tab of the irrelevant partition.
- Choose Move or Copy. Data
- Select the destination booklet.
- Click on the Move or Copy button, depending on what you want to do. Data
Delete SectionNot relevant
If you are sure that you do not need the lost partition, you can simply delete it to solve the problem. Proceed as follows:
- From the Laptop Computers list, select Uninstalled Partition.
- Right-click on the irrelevant partition you want to delete and click Delete.
7. Check if the notebook is available on the Internet.
- Go to the Folder section and then to the Info section.
- You should be able to find the link under your laptop. Select the link, then right-click and click Copy.
- In a web browser of your choice, type the link you just copied and press Enter to open the notebook.
Pay attention: If the laptop is accessible via a web browser, this confirms that there is a problem with the desktop application. Otherwise, it could be a maintenance error.
If the problem is related to a desktop application, one of the easiest solutions is to reboot, close and reopen the synchronization from the laptop. This should reset the connection and force the laptop to resynchronize.
8. Checking the synchronization status.
If you accessed your laptop online but recent changes have not been added, you should check your laptop’s sync status to confirm whether or not it is synchronized.
To check the status, go to File and then to Information and select Show synchronization status on the right. An error message will appear in the new windows under the laptop.
If possible, click Get Help for additional troubleshooting steps. If it is not available, write down the error message and perform a quick online search.
10. Check the status of the service.
If you cannot access your laptop through a web browser, there may be a problem with the OneDrive service itself. To confirm, open the web browser of your choice and navigate to the Office Portal.
If the services work, you should see a green screen with a check mark and the message . If there are no problems with the services, you should contact Microsoft for additional support.
Make sure OneNote remains open and connected while troubleshooting. Otherwise you risk losing your data.
11. Resolving a content synchronization conflict in OneNote
When two or more people try to edit the same text at the same time, synchronization conflicts arise. OneNote automatically detects these conflicts and creates multiple copies of the same page. This is indicated by a yellow message that appears at the top of the page.
To avoid this problem in the future, make sure that only one user changes the page at a time. You can also coordinate who works in which section.
To solve this problem, copy the edited content on the home page and then delete the other page. To do so, click on the yellow message, copy the content of the temporary page and paste it onto the main page.
12. Resolving memory synchronization conflicts in OneNote
Sometimes the error code 0xE00015E0 may occur. This means your file is too big to sync or there is not enough space on your local device. This is usually because OneNote stores a lot of backups.
Here you can learn how to solve these problems.
Removing unnecessary fuses
- Press the Windows + R button to open the Run dialog box.
- Type the following and press the Enter key: %localappdata%.
- Double-click the Microsoft folder and then double-click OneNote.
- Click here on the folder whose name matches the version of your application (e.g. 16.0 for OneNote 2016),
- Open the Backup folder.
- Delete all backups you no longer need.
Optimizing files and reducing automatic backups
- Go to File and then to Settings.
- Choose Save and Backup.
- In the section Optimize files, select Optimize all files now. Data
- In the backup area, reduce the number of backups you save. Data
All the above steps should help you if OneNote has synchronization problems.
If you are looking for alternative storage and file sharing solutions, we recommend pCloud. It allows you to store, share and access all your files from a simple and highly secure platform, anytime, anywhere.
You can also instantly sync all your files between your computer, phone and tablet with pCloud Drive. To learn more about this great software, check out our pCloud guide.
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Store, share and sync all your files on all your devices with the pCloud solution.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in September 2017 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
onenote for windows 10 not syncing,onenote saved offline error,onenote for windows 10 sync error,how to sync onenote windows 10,onenote not syncing on ipad,onenote not syncing mac,onenote not working,onenote stuck on syncing,onenote content not yet available,onenote working offline (an error occurred)