Solved: DPC Watchdog Violation error on Windows 10 (5 solutions)
Usually, the DPC 0x00000133 check error occurs for specific reasons, such as unsupported SSD firmware, an older version of the SSD driver, hardware incompatibility issues, or corrupted system files. If your Windows 10 computer displays a blue screen shutdown code error DPC_Watchdog_Violation In this post, we have provided some effective solutions that are likely to fix the error.
What constitutes a breach of CPP’s due diligence?
DPC stands for Deferred Procedure Call and Watchdog is a bug checker tool that monitors Windows programs and PC performance. An error message is displayed if the bug checker waits longer than normal, say more than 100 microseconds. And if Watchdog does not find an answer, the system crashes with a blue DPC_Watchdog_Violation screen error.
Outdated drivers, software and hardware incompatibilities, unsupported SSD firmware, an older version of the SSD driver, and a corrupt system file are some of the most common causes of this blue screen error.
DPC watchdog violation resolved on Windows 10
Here are some simple solutions you can apply to solve this blue DPC Watchdog screen stop code violation error.
If you have a Windows PC, you can try out the patches immediately. However, if Windows frequently crashes with this blue screen error message, you should apply the following solutions in safe mode.
Remove all external devices
The blue screen error in Windows 10 is mainly due to software and hardware incompatibility. Disconnect all external devices such as printers, scanners, USB sticks or external hard drives. Restart the computer and check if the problem is resolved.
Also check all the computer’s power cables. If they are not connected correctly, the system may read that the disc is not available and crash.
Open the Event Viewer where you can find the driver or device that is causing the DPC_Watchdog_Violation Windows 10 violation.
- Press the Windows + X key to select the Event Viewer,
- In the left pane, click Windows Logs and then click System,
- Now look in the middle section for the events listed here, this will help you find the culprit for the CPO watchdog violation error.
Using the CHKDSK utility
Disk errors are one of the many reasons that cause DPC_Watchdog_Violation violation on Windows 10. Run the chkdsk utility to check and correct disk errors automatically.
- Open a command prompt as an administrator,
- Type chkdsk C: /f /R and press the Enter key.
Here, chkdsk is intended to check the letter C: of the disk for errors, to force /F and to repair /R. This can detect bad sectors on the disk and try to recover readable information.
- On the next restart, you will be prompted to start the schedule control disc, press the Y key and then the Enter key,
- Shut everything down and restart the computer to begin scanning and fixing hard drive errors.
SSD firmware update
If you have an SSD drive installed on your computer (how to check the SSD or hard drive installed), unsupported SSD software may cause a DPC watchdog violation in Windows 10. Updating the firmware of the SSD drive is probably a good solution to solve the problem.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Device Manager opens and displays a list of all installed device drivers,
- Unfold the disks and note the SSD model number.
- Check the manufacturer’s website for a new firmware version, then download and install the firmware for your actuator,
- Restart the computer and check if this Windows 10 DPC Watchdog violation help is fixed.
Modifying the AHCI SATA controller driver
Here is the most effective solution, according to a large number of Windows users change the SATA controller driver ACHI fix DPC Watchdog Violation for them. And you may need to apply first.
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager,
- A list of all installed device drivers is displayed,
- Research and development of IDE-ATA/ATAPI controllers.
- Right click on the AHCI SATA controller and select Properties, then click on the Drivers tab.
Click Driver Details, check if iaStorA.sys is in the driver list.
- Now click on the updated driver and select “Search for driver software on computer”.
- Click Allow me to choose from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Then click on the default SATA AHCI controller, then click Next and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Then restart the computer so that the changes take effect.
Scan and repair system files
A corrupt or damaged system file can also cause a PCD overrun error in Windows 10. Run the System File Checker utility to check for damaged system files that are not the cause of the problem.
- Press Windows + S, type a command in the Windows search box.
- Right-click on the command line and choose Run as Administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow and press the Enter key.
- It starts by looking for damaged and missing system files. If sfc are found, the utility automatically replaces them with the correct ones.
- Allow the scan to finish 100% after the computer is restarted.
If the problem occurred after installing a new program or game, we also recommend removing it from the Programs and Features window. In addition, perform a System Restore, which will restore the system configuration to its previous operational state and fix the problem that caused Windows 10 BSODs.
Did these solutions address the violation of pcd control code in windows 10? Let us know in the comments below,
Also read :
Frequently asked questions
How do I fix a DPC watchdog error in Windows 10?
How can I fix a Building Products Directive violation? This common problem in Windows 10 can be fixed by installing the correct drivers for your devices, checking for driver errors, and running the System File Checker utility to repair damaged system files.
How do you fix a CPD violation?
Top 7 DPC watchdog Windows 10 (2021 …
How can I fix the DPC watchdog violation in Windows 8?
How can I fix violations of the DPC Watchdog? If the errors are hardware-related, your best bet is to update your component’s firmware and its drivers. Firmware and driver updates can usually be found on most hardware manufacturers’ websites under “Support” or “Downloads”.
dpc watchdog violation windows 8,dpc watchdog violation windows 10 freeze,how to fix watchdog violation windows 8,dpc watchdog violation windows 10 nvidia,dpc_watchdog_violation docker,dpc watchdog violation windows 10 after sleep,dpc watchdog violation modern warfare,dpc watchdog violation – microsoft,toshiba satellite dpc watchdog violation,steam dpc watchdog violation,dpc watchdog timeout,dpc watchdog violation reddit,dpc watchdog violation overclock,how to update ssd firmware,dpc_watchdog_violation windows 10 alienware,dell dpc watchdog violation,microsoft watchdog,cannot stop watch dog error 50,driver watchdog error,pdc watchdog timeout windows 10,how to check ssd firmware,dpc watchdog violation windows 10 2020,dpc_watchdog_violation windows 10,dpc watchdog violation windows 10 reddit,dpc watchdog violation windows 10 boot loop,dpc watchdog violation windows 8.1 fix,dpc watchdog violation while installing windows 10