When users visit a webpage while the PC is still in use, Windows 7 will most likely ask them to close the apps running in the background. However, there is a way to prevent this from happening. By enabling a feature known as Task Host in Windows 7, users can ignore those pop-ups and keep their computer running.
There are several reasons why a task host window may prevent your computer from shutting down. Task host windows are created by programs that have been poorly designed or that are buggy. When Task Manager is opened, it will display all the processes that are currently running and the memory they have allocated, and in some cases, a task host window will display active processes for which there is no memory allocation.
Windows 7 is very popular these days, this blog will provide a little information about windows 7: Windows 7 is an operating system for (PCs). Windows 7 is completely compatible with the previous operating systems: (Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 8). Windows 7 is a very stable and reliable operating system, but there are some things you should know about Windows 7: Windows 7 is not a computer or a computer program; the operating system is just a collection of programs.
RECOMMENDED: To repair Windows problems and improve system performance, go here.
Task Host is neither a virus or malware, but rather a Windows application. You don’t have to be concerned about it causing harm to your system. When you shut down your computer, Task Host guarantees that previously operating applications have been properly closed to prevent data and programs from being damaged.
Before closing down or restarting your computer, it is strongly advised that you close any open applications. However, if you believe that no applications were running prior to shutting down, you may fix this “issue” by following the instructions below.
What is preventing the Task Host window from closing?
As previously said, closing the application in question or shutting down your computer is a viable option. However, in certain cases, internal procedures may cause the shutdown or restart to fail. The notice “Task host window, task host is terminating background tasks” will appear in this situation.
If the task host is preventing background tasks from running, you’ll need to do more than simply shut a few applications. For those unfamiliar with this warning, it occurs when the update file is available but Windows refuses to update your machine.
How can I bring back the task host window that stops the computer from shutting down?
Updated in August 2021:
For your mistake, we now suggest that you use this tool. This program also corrects common computer problems, protects you from file loss, viruses, and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimum performance. With this program, you can rapidly repair your PC issues and prevent others from occurring:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that may be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To correct all problems, click “Repair All.”
Conduct a sfc and DISM scan.
Corrupted files may occasionally cause issues with the task host window, depending on the user. This issue may potentially be caused by faulty system files.
- To access the Win + X menu, press the Windows + X key, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
- You can also use PowerShell as an administrator if you don’t have Command Prompt.
- To execute the program, enter sfc /scannow into the Command Prompt and click Enter.
- The scanning procedure will begin immediately. Please be patient and do not interrupt this procedure, as it may take up to 15 minutes.
Check to see if the issue reappears once the sfc scan is completed. If the sfc scan does not resolve the issue, you may run a DISM scan.
- As an administrator, run the command line.
- Now enter the following commands: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup Image /RestoreHealth
- Do not stop the DISM scan since it will take some time to recover and restore the system.
- Check to see whether the issue remains once the scan is completed.
Enter safe mode on your computer.
Safe Mode is a feature of Windows that allows you to execute normal programs and drivers, making it perfect for troubleshooting. Switch to Safe Mode to see whether third-party apps are the source of the issue.
- Select Restart from the Start menu by pressing the Power key while holding down the Shift key.
- Select Troubleshooting > Advanced > Boot Options and click Restart.
- A list of choices displays when your computer restarts. By selecting the relevant option, you may choose the safe mode version.
- Use safe mode for a few minutes after you’ve enabled it.
- Try closing down your computer after running some of the programs you usually use.
- If the issue does not appear, it is most likely due to a third-party program.
Start the troubleshooter for the power supply.
You may utilize the built-in troubleshooting tools in Windows to fix a variety of issues.
- Open the Settings app on your phone. Pressing the Windows + I key on your keyboard is the quickest method to accomplish this.
- Go to Update and Security when the Settings app opens.
- Select Troubleshooting from the left menu, Power from the right section, and then Run Troubleshooter.
- Now the troubleshooter will begin. To finish it, follow the directions on the screen.
If you can’t shut down your computer due of a task host issue, the Power Troubleshooter may be able to help.
Updating Windows with the most recent updates
Microsoft distributes updates on a regular basis, and Windows downloads them in the background by default. However, you may miss a crucial update due to a variety of factors.
- To access the Settings app, press the Windows + I keys together.
- Go to the Security and Updates section.
- Now, choose Check for Updates from the drop-down menu.
- If updates are available, Windows will download and install them automatically when you restart your computer.
Turning off the Quick Start option
QuickStart was originally introduced in Windows 8 and operates in a similar way as Hibernate in terms of reducing startup time. These feature is very helpful, but it has the potential to create this and other issues.
- Type Control Panel in the Windows + S key combination. From the list of options, choose Control Panel.
- Select Power Options from the command line when it appears.
- Now, in the menu on the left, click Select to make the transition.
- Change settings that aren’t presently accessible by clicking Change settings that aren’t currently available.
- Click Save Changes after unchecking Enable Quick Start (recommended).
- Your computer may start up a bit slower once you disable Quick Startup, but you won’t have any issues closing down or using the Task Host window.
RECOMMENDED: To fix Windows problems and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
When a Windows computer is left unattended, the unused windows will keep running, consuming resources and leaving the users computer in a less than optimal state. Frequently, the task host window has been at the root of PC overheating issues.. Read more about task host window preventing shutdown reddit and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does task host window not close?
The task host window is a temporary window that appears when you create a new task. It will disappear once the task has been completed.
How do I fix my task host window?
The task host window is the window that appears when you open up the game. It will show a list of all your tasks and what percentage they are completed. If it doesnt show up, try closing and reopening the game.
How can I get rid task host window message at shutdown?
You can use the command line option to shutdown.exe, or you can create a shortcut to shutdown.exe and add the following text in the target field: taskkill /im shutdown.exe
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- what is task host window
- task host window preventing shutdown windows 10
- task host window is stopping background tasks windows 10
- task host window virus
- task host window