If you encounter error 0xc1900101 when upgrading your Windows device, read on to correct error 0xc1900101.
For many users, upgrading to Windows 10 is a given. If you have upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10 and have not updated your drivers, you may encounter idle errors such as 0xc1900101. It is also known as a Windows 10 installation error. Error 0xC1900101 is caused by an incorrect system configuration or irregular entry in the Windows registry. The error may also occur when trying to switch from an old to a new Windows.
The bug causes a lot of inconvenience because Windows users cannot update. The error can result from several issues, including corrupted installation files, device driver issues, software compatibility, poor Internet connection, or malware infection. If you find error code 0xC1900101 of Windows 10 on your PC, you can use the following methods to completely correct error 0xc1900101.
Content of this article
What is 0xc1900101?
Updating the Windows operating system (OS) is one of the most used by hackers to fix many bugs in Windows 10. Error 0xc1900101 is one of the most common errors in Windows 10. When updating or installing the operating system, the PC sometimes reports the error 0xc1900101 with BSOD. The update’s installation error prevents Windows candidates from installing the latest updates on their PCs. Many candidates for Windows version 10 (1903 and 1809) have encountered this bug.
Main causes of error 0xc1900101 Error:
- Due to damaged or defective system files in Windows 10.
- Invalid Windows system files are caused by incomplete installation, incomplete uninstallation and improper removal of hardware or applications.
- Older drivers or operating systems are not compatible with the latest drivers.
- Inappropriate external hardware or antivirus software or application.
Method 1: Updating or removing damaged or corrupted conductors
- Now first open your computer and press Windows + E to open the file explorer and move the cursor to the following path : C : Windows.
- Now find the Panther folder and double click on it to open it.
- Detect damaged drivers by running Setupperr.log and Setupact.log.
- After selecting the problematic drivers, you need to remove them by clicking the Remove button.
- Now move the cursor to the taskbar, click on the Windows icon and select the Device Manager tab.
- Under Device Manager, expand each category to display a different list of devices.
- A yellow exclamation mark then appears next to the device, causing the error 0xc1900101.
- You can update or remove damaged drivers. To do this, right-click on the device and select the desired option (Update Driver or Remove Device).
Method 2: Delete the download folder in protected mode
- First, press the Windows I and I keys together to launch the settings and click on the Update and Security tab.
- Then the Restore tab will appear on the left side, click on it.
- Under the Recovery tab, get an advanced startup and click on the Restart Now tab.
- Then select the Window option and click the Troubleshooting button.
- To change the startup options, click on Startup Settings and go to the Restart tab, where you will find many options for startup options.
- Then click on the Enable Safe Mode tab, after which your computer’s background will turn black, and press the Windows + R key.
- Now delete everything in this software distribution folder and click Close, restart your computer to correct error 0xc1900101.
Method 3: BIOS Update:
- Another way to correct error 0xc1900101 is to update the BIOS. For users : If you have an old BIOS, you will not install the fixed update.
- Many users said that a BIOS update would easily fix the error to try this method.
- Remember that BIOS updates are a potentially dangerous process that can damage your computer.
- For an efficient BIOS update, please refer to your motherboard’s manual.
Method 4: Refresh windows on restart
This is another effective way to find and fix a problem when an installed application conflicts with others during installation, updating or playback. Follow the instructions below to uninstall Windows 10.
- First mention MSConfig>Input>Start Selective Options.
- Then move the cursor to Services and click the Mark to Hide All Microsoft tab that appears at the bottom of this window.
- Now click on the Disable All tab for unwanted third-party software.
- Finally, restart Windows 10 and it will open in clean and safe mode.
Method 5: Removing the antivirus application
- Third-party antivirus applications can also cause the 0xc1900101 error in Windows 10.
- To solve this problem, you should uninstall it completely and try to reinstall your operating system.
- In addition, all files and registry entries should be moved from time to time. And the best way to do this is to download and access a special antivirus removal tool.
- If uninstalling the antivirus application does not resolve the 0xc1900101 error, you can use another method.
Method 6: Disconnecting external devices or peripherals
- Sometimes installation or update errors can also be caused by external devices or peripherals that are not compatible with the latest version of Windows 10.
- You can quickly avoid errors by removing all unwanted external devices such as webcams, printers, especially storage media, WLAN, monitors or access to necessary connection adapters: Unplug the keyboard and mouse.
- This is a good way to turn off Bluetooth on your PC or laptop before updating Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices.
When you are ready to install the new Windows 10 Update, you will encounter the common error 0xc1900101 during installation. Windows Update error 0xc1900101 can occur for several reasons. However, the reason is that you need a direct solution when you want to access your Windows PC. Therefore, we have provided many methods to correct errors 0xc1900101. To completely resolve error 0xc1900101, proceed in order.
Thank you for choosing OM Geeky. For more updates, visit omgeeky.com.
0xc1900101-0x30018 solved, how do i fix error 0xc1900101, we couldn t install windows 10 0xc1900101 — 0x20017, 0xc1900101 – 0x2000c windows 10, last failed install attempt 0xc1900101, 0xc1900101 – 0x40021, windows 10 2004 0xc1900101, 0xc1900101 – 0x2000d