Please note that you may not be able to install the old device manager driver. If this is the case, you will need to delete the driver and all associated files manually.
There are many ways to do this, but the easiest way is to use an uninstaller.
These applications are specially designed to remove programs and all associated files and registry entries.
If you want to completely uninstall an application from your PC, you should definitely try IOBit Uninstaller.
The iObit uninstaller is an ideal tool to get rid of all the unwanted programs on your device, even the most stubborn ones.
To use IObit, download and install it via the link below. Then just open the program, select the application you want to uninstall and click the Uninstall button.
Go to the manufacturer of your touch monitor and download the old driver for your touch monitor. After installation, switch off the three-finger and four-finger ticks and the problem should be completely solved.
With this reliable tool you can completely remove all unwanted programs from your device. Get the best deal now!
3. Turn off Hey Cortana hot word recognition
Sometimes Cortana is not able to reconstruct what is being said and she can get things going on her own. That’s because there’s always a way to hear Cortana. You can easily deactivate it from the Cortana settings.
- Open the Start menu and type Cortana. You will notice that the result of the Cortana display and search parameters is displayed on the screen. Click on it.
- Clicking on this result will open a new page. Now find the parameter that indicates that Cortana must answer Hey Cortana, then uncheck this option.
Hey, doesn’t Cortana look good in Windows 10? That’s what you have to do!
4. Disable taskbar strips in the search settings
Perform all steps described in solution 2. Search the Cortana and search settings for an option that reads the information from the taskbar.
There will be an option to disable it. Do that, and it should make the problem easier.
5. Deactivate Cortana on lock screen
If Cortana continues to appear on your Windows 10 computer, the problem may be related to your settings.
Depending on the user, this problem may be caused by the settings on the lock screen. To prevent Cortana from appearing all the time, proceed as follows:
- Press the Windows + I button to open the setting application.
- Go to Cortana when the program Settings is opened.
- Search the right window for Use Cortana even if my device is locked and turn it off.
After that, the Cortana problem needs to be solved completely.
6. Control keypad
This problem can sometimes occur when a particular key on the keyboard is locked.
Several users reported that this problem was due to a blocked F5 key. This caused the accidental activation of some of the shortcuts and the appearance of Cortana.
To solve this problem, check the keyboard and make sure no keys are locked. You can also try another keyboard and see if the problem occurs again.
Keep in mind that this cause is unlikely, but we still recommend that you check your keyboard as a precaution.
7. Try using a USBmouse
If Cortana continues to appear, the cause may be in the touch pad. Some touchpads are very sensitive and you might accidentally make gestures.
To solve the problem, try using a USB mouse with your laptop.
If switching to a USB mouse solves the problem, it means that you are making gestures on the touchpad and accidentally launching the Cortana.
It’s not a permanent solution, but it’s a good way to get around the problem, so try it.
8. Disconnect your touch screen
As mentioned earlier, these problems can sometimes be caused by your touchpad. If you don’t use the touchpad very often, you can just turn it off to bypass the problem.
There are several ways to do this, but the best way is to use a hotkey to turn it off.
To find out which key turns off the touch screen, locate the key with the touch screen icon and press Fn together with that key to turn off the touch screen.
If you cannot find the key combination, you can always refer to your notebook manual for detailed instructions on how to switch off the touchpad.
You can also turn off the touch screen using the touch screen software.
Every touchpad software is different, but every touchpad application has the ability to disable the touchpad, so you should be able to disable it.
Finally, you can easily switch off your touchpad in the device manager. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows + X button to open the Win + X menu. Now select the device manager from the list.
- Find the touchpad in the list, right-click it and select Disconnect Device from the menu.
- When a confirmation dialog box appears, click Yes.
Then the touchpad must be turned off completely and the Cortana problem must be solved.
Epic guide! Read our guide on turning off the touchpad now!
9. Change of registration
According to users, you can solve Cortana problems simply by making a few changes to your registry. It’s pretty simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Press Windows + R and type regedit. Now press the Enter key or OK.
- When the registry editor opens, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESynapticsSynTPWin10 in the left panel.
- Right-click on Win10 and select Export from the menu.
- In the export window, select the selected branch, enter the desired filename and click Save. If something goes wrong after you change the registry, you can always run the exported file and restore the registry to its original state.
- Delete the following WORD in the right window:
- 3TapAction of the fingers
- 3Action by finger pressure
Then check if the problem persists. If you can’t find any of these DWORDs or the path to step 2, this solution doesn’t apply to you, so you can just skip it.
You don’t have access to the registry editor? Read this guide and solve the problem.
Here are some ways to fix the automatic popup of Windows 10 Cortana.
These methods will certainly help to solve the problem that you and countless others have on the Internet.
Let us know in the comments how this guide worked for you!
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in March 2016 and revised and updated in December 2020 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
cortana keeps popping up 2020,sign into cortana keeps popping up,cortana sign in keeps popping up 2020,cortana keeps asking me to sign in,cortana beta keeps popping up,how do i stop cortana from popping up on windows 10,stop cortana sign in pop up,cortana keeps popping up in task manager,disable cortana windows 10,cortana sign in pop up,how to stop search bar from popping up in windows 10