Your PC or mobile device doesn’t support Miracast [Fix]
However, some users receive a Miracast error message that is not supported by their PC or mobile device. That’s why the miracle mirror doesn’t work.
Here are some possible corrections for errors that are not supported by Miracast on your PC or mobile device. First you need to check if your laptop or desktop computer is indeed compatible with Miracast.
How can I solve problems connecting to Miracast under Windows 10?
1. Network Driver Update
You may need to update your network drivers to correct the Miracast error on your PC or mobile device. To keep your drivers informed, we recommend Driverfix.
This software is the best solution designed to keep your PC in optimal condition without wasting time manually updating drivers. It is a lightweight tool, and the only parts you install on your PC are a driver scanner and a boot loader.
To find out more about this great tool, check out our Driverfix guide.
Keep your computer up to date easily and quickly with the best driver update tool.
2. Check if your device is compatible with Miracast.
- Press Windows + R, type dxdiag in Run and click OK.
- Then click on Save All Information in the DirectX window..
- Select a folder to save the text file and press the OK button.
- Then press the Windows + Q hotkey.
- Type Notepad in the Cortana search field and select to open Notepad.
- Then click File > Open and select to open the DxDiag.txt file.
- Then scroll down in the DxDiag document to the Miracast details listed under System Information, where it is located: Available with HDCP.
- In addition, you should check the compatibility of the network adapters. To do this, connect to PowerShell in Cortana.
- Right-click PowerShell and select Run as Administrator.
- Then type get-net adapter|select the name, ndisversion in PowerShell. The PowerShellmiracle transmission.
- PowerShell will then display the Ndis version numbers, which must be larger than 6.30.
Pay attention: If you find that PCs do not support Miracast, you will need an adapter to connect the screen wirelessly. Microsoft’s wireless display adapter is probably one of the best for Windows devices.
3. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on on both devices.
- Type Run in Cortana and type Run to open this accessory.
- Then type ms-settings:network-wifi into the Open from runtime box and click OK.
- Then turn on the Wi-Fi when it is turned off.
- You should also check that Wi-Fi is turned on on the other device. The exact test steps depend on your device.
Pay attention: Some users claim that their PC or mobile device does not support the Miracast error, although they are sure that their device meets the Miracast mirroring requirements. Another requirement is to enable Wi-Fi on both devices.
4. Select the automatic mode to select the wireless mode
- Right-click the Windows 10 Start button and select Device Manager.
- Double-click on the Network Adapters category. Miracle Device Manager
- Then right-click on the wireless network adapter listed there and select the Properties option to open the window below. Features of the radio adapter
- Click on the Advanced tab below. Advanced.
- Select the property to select the wireless mode.
- Then select Auto from the Value drop-down menu.
- Press the OK button.
Pay attention: Some users have fixed the bug of their PC or mobile device that Miracast does not support by selecting Auto to choose the wireless mode.
5. Reinstall wireless adapter driver
- Right-click the Start button and select Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc in Run and click OK.
- In Device Manager, expand the Network Adapters category.
- Right-click on the wireless network adapter and select Remove Device. Data
- In the Delete Device window that opens, click the Delete button.
- Reboot your desktop or laptop after uninstalling the driver. This driver will then be reinstalled automatically.
The above patches may cause your PC or mobile device to not support Miracast for some users. Also note that the problem may be related, for example, to a third party VPN software. For example with Cisco AnyConnect. Therefore, disable installed third-party VPNs before using Miracast mirroring.
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in April 2019 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
how to get pc to support miracast,pc says doesn't support miracast,miracast adapter for pc,this device doesn't support miracast ethernet,this device doesn't support miracast after update,your pc doesn't support miracast ethernet,miracast not available,does my pc support miracast windows 10,why not support miracast,miracast: not supported by graphics driver,miracast over ethernet,your pc doesn't support miracast reddit