Some of you may have noticed problems with the BBC iPlayer service over the past few days. If you tried to play a video on the web, the service may have thrown up an error message as follows: “Something went wrong. Please try again later.”. The problem only affected users of the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
BBC iPlayer is not just the most popular TV and radio service in the UK, it’s also the most popular online video service in the world. The BBC is a key player in digital technology, and has built an online video service that’s been a success for the public broadcaster, even if it’s not perfect.
I was watching the latest David Tennant BBC show, he seemed to have a bit of trouble getting the iPlayer to work on his computer. He kept receiving a ‘Something went wrong error on BBC iPlayer’ message.
Madalina Dinita Former editor-in-chief Madalina has been a Windows fan since she picked up her first Windows XP computer. She is interested in all technologies, especially new ones – artificial intelligence and DNA-based computing in particular. Read more Updated: 8. June 2021. Published: June 2019
- Many users of BBC iPlayer have reported that the service is not downloading programmes and is displaying error 02001.
- To solve this problem, you need to reset your Internet connection settings.
- To get rid of the BBC iPlayer 02001 error on your Firestick, use a reliable VPN service.
- You also need to update the firmware on your Smart TV by following our step-by-step guide below.
To solve various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix: This software keeps your drivers up-to-date and protects you from common computer errors and hardware malfunctions. Check all your drivers in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click on the Start Scan button to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Driver to get the new versions and avoid system crashes.
- DriverFix was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Many users have reported an annoying problem when trying to use BBC iPlayer on their device. When trying to play content on BBC iPlayer, error 02001 is displayed with the following message: Something went wrong while downloading this program. This is usually a temporary problem. You can try this program again or try another program. While in most cases the software itself is the culprit, your devices can also be the cause of the problem. To solve this problem, we have compiled a list of solutions that you can use immediately.
How do I solve BBC iPlayer error 02001?
1. Resetting the Internet connection
- First restart your computer. If this does not work, please upgrade your internet connection, this may fix the iPlayer error. Just disconnect the device from the internet and reconnect it.
- If you are using a wired connection, simply disconnect and reconnect the cable. For a wireless connection, you must log off and on again through the device settings.
- Also consider performing a modem/router reset. Turn off the modem/router and wait 10 minutes before turning it on again.
After performing these tasks, check whether you have solved the problem. If the 02001 error continues to occur, you can try our solution below.
2. Using a trusted VPN
BBC iPlayer is the BBC’s outstanding online streaming, TV and radio service for viewers in the UK. For those who don’t live in the UK but still want to enjoy their content, using a VPN service seems to be the best solution. In addition, due to geographical limitations, error 02001 may occur, making further streaming impossible. But a reliable VPN service will fix this problem in no time. Our VPN recommendation gives you access to geo-restricted content, such as. B. BBC iPlayer and many others. You also benefit from the highest level of data encryption and secure connections. If you want to stream BBC iPlayer media, the following VPN service offers unlimited bandwidth and thousands of available servers.
Private Internet access
Access content without geographic limitations and enjoy your favorite streaming media shows with PIA.
3. Smart TV firmware update
3.1 Automatic firmware update
- Press the Menu button on the remote control.
- Select the Support menu and select Software Update.
- Select Update Now and select Yes if updates are found.
If you’re looking for the best browser for streaming movies and TV shows, you can also read our detailed guide on how to choose the best options.
3.2 Updating the firmware with a USB flash drive
- You can find the model of your device on the label on the back of the TV or in the device menu under Support.
- Go to Samsung’s official website, enter your device model and download the updates, then copy them to a USB drive.
- Make sure you copy the update files after extracting the archive and that the USB drive is formatted as FAT32.
- Connect the USB storage device to the TV and open the Support menu.
- Select the Software Update option and look for the option to update the software using a USB stick.
- The device will automatically find the updated files.
- Confirm the installation of the update and let the process begin automatically.
Normally after updating the firmware using a USB storage device, error 02001 in BBC iPlayer should disappear.
4. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the application
- Press the Home button on the remote control, select APPS and select Options.
- You can now select iPlayer and choose Delete.
- Press the Home button on the remote and go to the APPS menu.
- Select the application icon to go to the Samsung Store.
- Here you can manually search for the iPlayer and select its installation.
- After installation, check if this solves the problem.
Many users have confirmed that after reinstalling iPlayer, error 02001 completely disappeared and they could enjoy the stream. We hope these solutions helped you solve BBC iPlayer error 02001. If you have any further suggestions or questions, please contact us in the comment box below. Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussionAngry about iPlayer not working on your new Samsung Galaxy F? Well, it’s not your fault, according to Samsung. Samsung’s iPlayer app for the Galaxy S4 on the Galaxy F is currently a bit buggy. A workaround is to download the app over Wi-Fi or the 3G network and use it in the background.. Read more about bbc iplayer error codes and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset BBC iPlayer on my smart TV?
There is nothing worse than having your TV go blank during a live broadcast, or while you’re watching something that needs to be paused. If you have seen a message like “Something went wrong” on BBC iPlayer, then you’ll know what I mean. It’s a nightmare when you need to get to the bottom of the problem, so you should be able to trust me when I say that the solutions below will help you do this quickly and easily. A few times a year, I get an email from someone asking about a BBC iPlayer error on their smart TV. The problem usually follows a message that says “A problem has occurred and your program will close in 3 seconds.” You usually don’t have time to browse around and figure out what the problem is, before your program is be cut short.
How do I update BBC iPlayer on my smart TV?
If you go to the BBC iPlayer on your smart TV, you will find that you cannot see the new iPlayer view – you get a message indicating that the BBC iPlayer has stopped working on this device – and you see an error message. The BBC support team have been unable to help, and we’ve tried to help too but they have been unable to tell us what is wrong and how to fix it. In the last few years, smart TV’s have sold like hot cakes. They’re the best way to get your TV delivered into your home. You can access apps, services, catch up TV, games and more. However, like everything, there’s something that can go wrong, and it’s usually because of updates. Well, we’ve got the answer for you.
Why does BBC iPlayer says content not working?
The BBC iPlayer is a popular way to stream television content on your computer. It is an easy way to watch your favourite TV shows and catch up with old favourites. However, all too often, you may come across an error message when trying to view content, saying that your device is not registered or that your account doesn’t have the appropriate rights. A number of people have noticed the BBC iPlayer saying ‘Content not working’ error message recently. This is likely due to the recent iPlayer change, which was designed to make it easier for people to find stuff to watch. If you have been experiencing content not working issues, you can check the ‘Recent pages’ box on the right hand side of the iPlayer icon, and it should now be showing ‘All items’.
Feedback,bbc iplayer error 02001bbc iplayer error codesbbc iplayer error 02001 toshibabbc iplayer error 02001 lg tvbbc iplayer error code 01115bbc iplayer error 02100,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,bbc iplayer error 02001,bbc iplayer something went wrong loading this programme 02001 firestick,bbc iplayer something went wrong 02001 firestick,bbc iplayer error codes,bbc iplayer error 02001 toshiba,bbc iplayer error 02001 lg tv,bbc iplayer error code 01115,bbc iplayer error 02100